Interesting Article

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new one is "clunky" also. But, it is getting better. I adjusted the clutch lever and it helped some. Next up is to do the lube on the shift lever. From what I've read here that seems to help the most. Also I will say this though it is not as clunky as the VTX1800 was. Downshifting that bike sometimes sounded as if the tranny was coming out.

This is probably a repost of a respost, but I thought that motorcycle-usa did a much better analysis of these bikes:

https://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page...5874&Page=1

Sport rider only mentioned the C14's heat issues casually:

Also, we noticed a slight engine heat stemming from the right side of the bike. Minor details, really.
That was a major concern of mine and I've read articles that note the heating can be extreme at highway speeds. Motorcycle-usa was riding in cool weather and noted that this would be problematic in hotter weather.

In the end the tie breaker will always go to the bike with the bigger (not better) engine. But I think that with a few refinements the C14 will deserve top honors across the board. The brakes, throttle response, drive train, engine are all top of the line. A little work on the handling and heat issues and its going to be hard to beat. Yamaha has its' work cut out for them to keep pace.