Interesting CL find

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrwalker

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I came across this in the local (Yakima) craigslist.

https://yakima.craigslist.org/mcy/3066177959.html

Seems to be a predecessor of the Super Tenere. I'm not in love with the styling, but it looks like a pretty cool bike otherwise. I'd go check it out if I had any fun tickets available.

I'd gladly take a look if someone else is interested.

No connection to seller, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to self, those are Krause Star saddlebags that will fit my KZ1300 resto project!
I'm going to jump off topic for a sec. because of this KZ1300 got a rise out of me. :eek: By chance have you started a thread to detail the resurrection of this beast? :hyper: If not, WHY NOT??

TDM's are cool too........but not as cool as a water-cooled six-cylinder kaw. :D

Good looking bike, although a bit pricey. Plenty of them in Europe but rare to see one over here - did they sell them in North America, or were they imported as grey market bikes?

Griff

Note to self, those are Krause Star saddlebags that will fit my KZ1300 resto project!
I'm going to jump off topic for a sec. because of this KZ1300 got a rise out of me. :eek: By chance have you started a thread to detail the resurrection of this beast? :hyper: If not, WHY NOT??

TDM's are cool too........but not as cool as a water-cooled six-cylinder kaw. :D
Have a 1979 KZ1300. Bought the FJR in Jan 2011 and sorta ignored the KZ. Bike mechanic friend had hard times & sold his bike so I figured

why let such a good bike sit & go to shit(nice rhyme). Took it to him in Feb. said if he would ride it & maintain it he could use it as

long as he wanted & I will pay insurance & registration. Good deal for me & guess it is ok for him. Big & fast & quite a blast !!!!

Have a 1979 KZ1300. Bought the FJR in Jan 2011 and sorta ignored the KZ. Bike mechanic friend had hard times & sold his bike so I figured

why let such a good bike sit & go to shit(nice rhyme). Took it to him in Feb. said if he would ride it & maintain it he could use it as

long as he wanted & I will pay insurance & registration. Good deal for me & guess it is ok for him. Big & fast & quite a blast !!!!
I also have a KraZy1300, 1980 model. Bought it in 1986, did my Ironbutt on it, still resides in the garage and gets ridden on ocassion, usually only on HD days. 45k on the meter. It used to have the krauser package on it, but I have returned it to stock, and the krausers sit in the shed.

I noticed the yamaha picture shows a bungee across the bags thru the handles. A typical failing of the krausers are to release from the brackets without warning, except for the fact that your bag is passing you up on the highway. Those suckers can slide forever!

Last edited by a moderator: