Interesting new Honda bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo assist...

IMG00552-20120731-1713s.jpg

Looked over one of those last weekend, not bad, might make a fun second, third, extra bike [you get the idea]! :)

--G

Yeah, who could live with only a 225 mile range? :rolleyes:

I'd like to see one of those dressed out in the ADV trim. Oh, I guess this is it:

2012-Honda-NC700X_001.jpg

Ooooh!! Check this out:

p10.jpg

Adjustable valves!! No pulling the cams to set clearances. Woohoo!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They used the fuel tank area for a storage trunk. The actual fuel tank is somewhere in the back.

I just sent my son a link to this bike. It is definitely a Wee fighter and he has been looking to pick up a Vee or Wee.

I wonder if they will ever bring in a larger bore version to the US.

And you have to raise the rear seat to fill that gas tank. Sucks if you pack a lot of stuff on your rear seat when you travel.

And you have to raise the rear seat to fill that gas tank. Sucks if you pack a lot of stuff on your rear seat when you travel.
Not that much different from a tank bag. Just have to figure a quick release mechanism of some kind.

And how often do you really cover the rear seat as compared to the tank?

This bike will be a winner for Honda. Just wish they'd offer the ABS brakes with the the manual transmission here in the USA. Maybe if it sells well here they'll offer that config next year.

It's the perfect bike for those of us who don't often use the upper rpm range of our engine and don't want a Harley clone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking rig, could make for a decent second bike. Some of the reviews point out that the braking is a bit weak with only a single disc up front.

Not that much different from a tank bag. Just have to figure a quick release mechanism of some kind.

And how often do you really cover the rear seat as compared to the tank?
I wouldn't strap a tent and sleeping bag to the tank. All that would go on my tank is a magnetic tank bag which is easily removable. If you bungy down some camping gear or a duffel, that could get annoying really quickly.

IMG_7371.jpg

I wouldn't strap a tent and sleeping bag to the tank. All that would go on my tank is a magnetic tank bag which is easily removable. If you bungy down some camping gear or a duffel, that could get annoying really quickly.

Agreed, that would get old. You'd want to come up with another way of storing that stuff. And I was talking about strap-on type tank bags.

This is also a considerably smaller bike. I'm thinking it isn't intended to be a mega-touring bike. More of a commuter and day rider.

But I bet it won't be too long before someone mounts up a set of Jesse aluminum panniers and makes a real ADV bike out of it, like the Wee.

Which brings up another interesting point. I wonder what the construction of the "Tank" is where the tank bag would go. Lots of bikes nowadays are plastic there and magnetic tank bags just don't work. I do so love my tankbag, never getting rid of it.

Hm, very interesting. I am considering a second bike and was leaning toward a v-strom or GS, but this might be in the running now too. Was waiting to see if anyone else mentioned it, but are the side bags expandable? I can't seem to find any pictures of them "open". Guess I will be headed to the Honda dealer this weekend to check one out. :rolleyes:

This could be a very bad thing. :lol:

I bet the magazines are already writing up a comparo between this and the new weestrom adv bike. Interesting stuff for sure.