Iphone mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
What is the best way to mount the Iphone to bike? I already have a gps mounted to steering nut, need another location for mounting Iphone. I have the heli triple clamp can use ball mount I guess pics would help.

I just put mine in the glove box on charge. Have BT connected so all my commands are thru the helmets Chatterbox right to the phone. Easy peasy

Can't connect to iPhone and gps and helmet at the same time for sme reason. I want to mount iPhone so I can see it and use it wires for music

Ah yeah some GPS's use the same bandwidth as the phone ties in with. So your going to use the jack and have it hardwired?

I was thinking about using a hardwire for gps but don't think I could with the tomtom rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a RAM ball in the unused mirror mount on the clutch reservoir, and use the dedicated iPhone mount. It's not waterproof, but overheating the phone in a case is more of a concern here.

This generic X mount will work for any any smart phone short of the new phone/pad hybrids. Never worry about buying new crap if/when I upgrade a phone.

Solid and stable as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtDMoDIIlOk

Here's my old Iphone on it...

IMAG0015.jpg

I use this one with an Otterbox:

P4230905.jpg

P4230906.jpg

I swap it back and forth between the DRZ and the FJR. Have 800 miles off road miles on the DRZ with it on and it has never once hinted at falling off. Even after a few spills and getting knocked around by tree limbs.

Can't connect to iPhone and gps and helmet at the same time for sme reason. I want to mount iPhone so I can see it and use it wires for music
Why will it connect to a dongle and not to gps and iPhone?

Strap it to your forearm. The Dongle converts the iPhone into a Bluetooth music device. The GPS connects as a cell phone. With the Kokkia dongle you can connect the iPhone too. No wires.

https://store.kokkia.com/i10sportstheultimatemulti-streamingsportsarmband.aspx
Why will it connect to a dongle and not gps and iPhone at the same time?

Pat C said:
Strap it to your forearm. The Dongle converts the iPhone into a Bluetooth music device. The GPS connects as a cell phone. With the Kokkia dongle you can connect the iPhone too. No wires.

https://store.kokkia.com/i10sportstheultimatemulti-streamingsportsarmband.aspx
Why will it connect to a dongle and not gps and iPhone at the same time?

Because the dongle makes the iPhone (cell phone Bluetooth) connect like a audio device. The GPS connects as a cell phone. You can only have one Bluetooth cell phone connection at a time and that's the problem. Both try to connect as a cellphone. But with the dongle the iPhone connects as an audio device.You then can listen to your GPS and iPhone music at the same time. No wires. Problem solved.