Iridiums

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Have about 17000miles on my iridiums, probably going to replace plugs in the near future. Is CR8EIX4218 ngk seem correct, trying to translate my 2 yr old scribble.

Have about 17000miles on my iridiums, probably going to replace plugs in the near future. Is CR8EIX4218 ngk seem correct, trying to translate my 2 yr old scribble.
Some have the Iridiums at 30k with no loss in performance. I believe the NGK Iridium for the FJR is CR8EIX.

Unless your performance or fuel mileage lags, I would leave what you have installed.

I ran my stock plugs for 30k and 3 1/2 years. The mechanic asked why I was changing them he said they looked great, and keep doing whatever it was I was doing ;)

I just changed my Iridiums after 45,000 mile because Ionbeam said that if I looked at them under an electron microscope I would see a few molecules missing. They looked perfect and the bike was running fine but I had it down for a valve check anyway, so, why not?

I change them when I do the valve check, whether they need it or not.

Our Subaru also uses the iridium's and their recommended change interval is 60k. However, at about 50k cyl #2 was misfiring, so I changed them ... they looked pretty grungy, and it fixed the misfire. Thus ... 50k is the limit.