Iron Butt Weekend- Atl -Oklahoma City- Dallas- Atl

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few updated pics of our new little friend:

DSC_4989.jpg

DSC_4992.jpg

JWilly,

Thanks for the Great Ride Report & Story. Glad your daughter won the tournanent. That young pup is precious. Sorry about your performance award...that was down and dirty. Did you have your RD onboard?

Now stop and think about your trip. That is what makes motorcycling trips and motorclying interesting and adventurous.

You know you did the right thing for the puppy.

For your performance award it looks like the leo sent up an illegal speed trap and he got you with LIDAR, you need to be standing still when shooting a bike ,car,etc...........

Did you have to pay the fine therebefore you leave the state ofr county?

I appreciate everyone saying "good job" and such about the puppy. Please understand, I posted this ride report because it was interesting and not so that people would think I'm great for saving the dog. I'm just like most of you, going through life and when given the chance try to do the right thing. There are times when I can't see the forest because the trees are in the way.

Another incident that happened few weeks ago that I never told the forum about. I had a meeting in Chatanooga on a Friday. I rode my bike up to the meeting and afterwards was going to go across and ride the Dragon, Skyway, etc.. I'm heading up I-75 north of Chatanooga and I see the pickup in front of me has no right brake or tail lights. When traffic allowed I got up next to the truck on the right and signaled for the lady in the passenger seat to put her window down. After a brief moment of blank stares she lowered the window and I told her that they had no right rear lights. Her husband gave me a thumbs up and I took off.

About 5-6 miles up the road I got off because I was low on fuel. Pulled into the station, pumped just short of $20 into my bike and hurried in to get rid of the 4 glasses of sweet tea I enjoyed over lunch with my customer! I come out of the bathroom, grab a gatorade and go up to the counter. I said I have this drink and pump #3. The attendant says no, someone already paid pump #3? I said who? He pointed out the window and said the older couple out their trying to replace their taillight on that Ford truck. I paid for my drink and spent the next 15 minutes helping the person change out their taillight.

I hope this encourages someone to slow down and help out when it presents itself. It's unfortunate that we now live in a society that keeps going and says, "I'm sure they have a cell phone".

JW

And yet another great jay-dub story. You left out the most important piece - was the lady in the pickup truck hawt?????

j/k. Remember people, it's OK to let your karma run over your dogma.

J:

It just proves your parents raised you right. You are correct, today's society isn't the same as just 10 years ago and definitely isn't the same as 20 years ago.

Like I said before, NO good deed goes unnoticed. Pay-it-Forward comes to mind. Sure we all get caught up in the everyday churning of life but do take some time and look around you more often.....you might be surprised at what you see if you allow it.

[SIZE=18pt]Now go out there and have a great weekend and come back and tell us about the wonderful things you did....THIS MEANS ALL OF YOU.[/SIZE]

Below is an updated picture of the puppy that I picked up as referenced earlier in this post. If anyone is looking for an awesome little female dog shoot me a PM.

JW

166.jpg

Nice story.Sorry to hear you were so rudely introduced to the Waskom Welcome to Texas Society.That is going to be one big dog.

maybe keep the dog cause the kids will leave home, and eventually the other dogs will go to doggie heaven, so then you'll have the little girl you saved to follow you around and fill your empty nest... :love:

do we need to start a paypal fund for the pup?

dana

pup lover and rescuer

maybe keep the dog cause the kids will leave home, and eventually the other dogs will go to doggie heaven, so then you'll have the little girl you saved to follow you around and fill your empty nest... :love:
do we need to start a paypal fund for the pup?

dana

pup lover and rescuer
I believe this dog and Jwilly were meant to be together. After all that has happened, now this.... :(