Is 225 an OK Price for an Audiovox Cruise?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"and we could install it at night. "
Hope he's real good and fast. ;)
I've wired more things into cars, hot rods, bikes, boats, and cycles than I care to admit. In retrospect I have had too many toys in my life. That being said, you need to have a WELL stocked garage to do things quick.

There are at least a half dozen write ups on this, maybe i'll eat my words later, but how could this take more than 6 hours the second time you do it?

In fact, I'm pretty sure i will eat my words, but it'll be fun to find out. At least in my own garage I can curse and throw whiskey bottles if things go wrong.

You probably can, but I'm just slow. :p

Of course where I placed mine took a bit of time itself.

Waterproofing the keypad needs to be done ahead of time too.

I was just a bit paranoid installing something that yanks on the throttle of a 140HP engine at least when I'm seated on it anyway. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Zorlac,

Who's the doll in your avatar?

It's just a matter of time before someone has to tackle the Rostra install.

If one of the more electrically adept wants some fab help, let me know. I've got experience cutting stuff apart ;)

They seem to come and go. For a period of time last year I couldn't find one anywhere. A couple of months they were surfacing in a number of places. Just keep hunting, sooner or later you may turn one up-

You probably can, but I'm just slow. :p Of course where I placed mine took a bit of time itself.

Waterproofing the keypad needs to be done ahead of time too.

I was just a bit paranoid installing something that yanks on the throttle of a 140HP engine at least when I'm seated on it anyway. :unsure:
It took about 6 hours, and i could do it in much less time now. But of course i am having a technical issue. When i engage the cruise, it accels a tiny bit, then S L O W L Y, decels. What should i check? I ordered a control pad but it had an issue with it being a rostra and not an audiovox, so it was not lighted and had LOTS of extra wires, so i went with the digi key switches ala brun dog.

I will start my own thread if i need to but off the top of my head I know / should check the following:

1. The Cruise Has Power
  2. The Cruise Engages, Then Immediately disengages/slows down
  3. I need to check the DIP switches
  4. I need to check the tach signal wire
  5. The On/Off Switch
  6. I need to check the Vaccuum - If it still sucks when i get to it this afternoon that should all be fine.
  7. I need to check the brake light for stray voltage... I used the Warchild connection method and soldered the purple and red into the brown plug.

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but the Audiovox 250-1316 Electronic Cruise Control keeps coming up when I search; what about using this unit? It looks more compact than the CCS-100...

Has anyone tried it? Looks readily available.

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but the Audiovox 250-1316 Electronic Cruise Control keeps coming up when I search; what about using this unit? It looks more compact than the CCS-100...
Has anyone tried it? Looks readily available.

Some have done this, but you need some serious chops, the electronic version requires a VSS signal that is low range, and the FJR's VSS is high range, a guy built a circuit that essentially quartered the frequency, but he never posted the circuit. So unless you have some electric experience I would not do it.

Fixed it, jumper # 6 was wrong. Took all of 10 minutes to figure out.

Now i have to put that throttle return spring back on, it stays at 1500 rpm unless i manually close the throttle. I just added hotgrips and the CC, could i have attached the CC too tightly? Maybe the hotgrips bind? Oh the options. I'll start with the return spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now i have to put that throttle return spring back on, it stays at 1500 rpm unless i manually close the throttle. I just added hotgrips and the CC, could i have attached the CC too tightly? Maybe the hotgrips bind? Oh the options. I'll start with the return spring.

Did you undo the spring all the way or just one turn?

Did you undo the spring all the way or just one turn?
Just one turn, if i am reading you right. But it is still pretty tough to close, i think i might need to add a bead to my CC chain.