Is FJR1300 K6, 26k mi. - Asking 9,900 a decent deal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhazz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Someone has an FJR1300, K6 with 26k miles for $9,900 -- asking price. Reported in great condition.

Should I be concerned abount the high miles?

What do you think abount the price?

I'm new to the FJR and would really appreciate anyone's comments on this topic.

Thanks, Bruce

What high miles? Mine's an '03 coming up on 44K, there's bikes here well into 6 figures.

Price I'm not a judge of. Others will speak on that, but it depends on equipment, anything kewl added, like electronics or top case.

DCarver, ya go to quite tell your mileage. Your going to get kicked out of the CBA. :rolleyes:
No worries, he'll not be racking (get it? racking?) up any miles while his bike is being de-bambized. Other members of the CBA actually hired that deer as a suicide runner, promising her 72 virgin stags, in an attempt to limit his miles.

DCarver, ya go to quite tell your mileage. Your going to get kicked out of the CBA. :rolleyes:
Don, please send a written explanation to CBA NCAL Regional HQ, Concord, CA, explaining why you should still be Grand Poobah of the CBA (with Oak Cluster for slaying the dreaded beast with cloven hooves). Do it now....

Thanks for your replies.

I know that 26k is not high miles for a bike, overall. I was talking more of high miles for a 2006 and how it should relate to the overall purchase price of the bike. One example, the valve adjustment should be performed at about 26k. How expensive is that? And so on...

Does $9,900 sound like a reasonable price?

Thanks for your replies.
I know that 26k is not high miles for a bike, overall. I was talking more of high miles for a 2006 and how it should relate to the overall purchase price of the bike. One example, the valve adjustment should be performed at about 26k. How expensive is that? And so on...

Sounds a tad high to me, with the '08s knockin' at the door. Not a ton too high...just a tad.

Bought my '04 in Sept. '05 (same "almost" 2 model year spread as your situation) for $8750 and felt like I got a deal. Bone stock - zero farkles - but clean as a newly minted coin. Your's sounds about $1200 high to me. Private sale? Or dealer sale?

Typically a dealer will try to get that extra $1200-$1500 a private seller would be willing to give up.

There are '06 models on this forum for sale for less than that with significantly less miles on it.

Thanks for your replies.

Mines for sale in the Classified section for $9500.00. 2006 w/ 9364 miles. Go take a look.

Clicky

Thanks for your replies.

The price and mileage are good. It is due for a valve check at 26k. Maybe you should ask him to do that service before you buy. Seems most FJRs are within specs at that mileage...unless driven really hard.

Hi Everyone,Someone has an FJR1300, K6 with 26k miles for $9,900 -- asking price. Reported in great condition.

I'm new to the FJR and would really appreciate anyone's comments on this topic.

Thanks, Bruce
BHazz,

I bought on '05 with ABS and 2,300 miles on her for $9,500. It included:

heated grips, Givi V46 Top Box, Sliders, Plug-n-play battery tender, RAM mount for my GPS, and a Marsee wired tank bag.

However, I think I got a good deal.

Hope this helps you

Hi Everyone,

Someone has an FJR1300, K6 with 26k miles for $9,900 -- asking price. Reported in great condition.

THE AREA IN WHICH YOU RESIDE HAS ALOT TO DO WITH PRICING, TOO. I LOOKED FOR MONTHS, AND FOUND A LEFTOVER '06 WITH NO MILES AT A SMALL-TOWN DEALER FOR $11,000.

I would say that this is a high price for the miles. Who cares about what farkles it has unless we are talking suspension, sliders. IMO wind screens, grips etc are not too important and you might change them out in the end anyway. My example, I bought my 04 in 07 with 13k mi for $7500 (no ABS). It came with Heli bar raisers which are sitting in my office (anyone interested in some heli's for an 03-05??) and my screen is a custom i made from the stock.

the other thing to think about is what kind of miles are on the bike. if they are ass kicking wheelie popin miles that is different than freeway miles. you might get a feel for that by looking at 1) the rear wheel, if its worn flat they were lilely highway miles, if the tread is worn evenly from side to side (no chicken strips) the owner was likely harder on the bike. 2) look at the pegs and various hard parts on the underside, this will also tell you if the previous owner was hard on the bike. 3) if the bike is at a shop, you can drop in unannounced and ask them to fire it up. get behind the bike and use you nose and your eyes for signs of oil burning. I imagine some of the more mechanically "experienced" guys on the fourm can tell you what else you can do.

Finally, before i bought my bike i did a couple things. first I looked at the mean prices for bikes by time of year and there is a good time to buy Nov-Feb. Second I made this chart based on price of FJRs by production year. The data are from cycle trader and includes both private and dealer data. It is now a year dated but you could do the same Note that my purchase price fell below the lostest asking price.

bikeprices.jpg

Nice Graph Kevin. I picked up my 5000 mile used 04 (non ABS) with plenty of farkles for $7700 back in April 07. Very happy with the bike and deal.

BHazz, I don't see what part of the country your from but it might be worth a trip to Alabama to get that nice ride from MotorSWATCop. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: