Is my 2007 windscreen stock?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JV1

Reaction score
Can't seem to be able to insert a picture of my windscreen from a used 2007 FJR I bought. Can anyone point to a good picture on the web of the stock windscreen. I'm interested in getting something taller. Any suggestions for a taller windscreen?  I'm 6 foot tall and find the screen on my bike could be a few inches taller to keep my head out of the buffeting wind over the top of the screen but I suspect I may already have an aftermarket screen.

I was on the California Scientific website and it shows that the stock screen is only 12 inches tall as measured from the highest mounting bolt but mine measures about 15 inches so I think I may already have an aftermarket screen.

I have been running a rifle windscreen for years now and thought I would need to swap back to stock for the warm weather but found due to the angle of the installation there was no need. I'm not sure of the dimensions it's been so long but I think it's 3 inches taller and 3 inches wider than stock. 

I went out and measured my rifle from the top mounting bolt and it is 15" so I'm sure you have an aftermarket windshield. I love the rifle on my 07 and have had it for I guess over 8 years now. I find myself riding with it all the way down 20% of the time to feel plenty of airflow, and all the way up for the barn door experience the rest of the time. I'm 5-10 for height comparison.

Thanx for the responses. I figured out from the stars on the small logo imprinted in the screen that it is an aftermarket from National Cycle most likely a Vstream. Not sure which version I have but I see the following info next to the logo: <PC>  DOT202   AS6 M18.

Went to the National Cycle website and entered ASDM18 in the search and thought I had found it but it wasn't in the results of the search. Maybe it's not made anymore. The current screen for my bike from NC looks a lot different from mine as the new version seems to have a totally different shape and a big "V" logo across the bottom of the screen. I wonder if the "M18" on mine means it's only 18 inches high vs the one I see for sale now which is 22.2 inches which may be that little extra I want. At least now I have a clue as to what I have so I can continue looking. Guess I should visit a bike shop for the first time in years and see if they have any suggestions...😬

I thought that Vstream only made one size for the Gen II bikes.? I have one for my 07 and absolutely love it for winter riding because it has great wind protection.  It's like 4-5 inches taller than the stock one and has a top wider than the bottom.