Is there any other Givi rack that will work besides the SR346

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalioGladius

Reaction score
I want the Givi V46 Top Case, however the rack for it is hideous, and frankly I don't want to replace the luggage rack. Will anything else work or do I need to look at other brands?

I noticed this mount from the V46 LED thread. Which is it?

medium.jpg

:ph34r:

That is the '06 Givi-specific rack made by Duane (OHFJR). I know that Fred H. and myself thought the Givi 357 rack was kind of hideous looking. I bought the rack from Duane and them got the Givi E250 universal plate along with the V46 Monokey case.

Here is a pic of the Givi rack from Duane

bikepics-652412-full.jpg

Here is the E250 universal plate mounted on Duane's rack

bikepics-653165-full.jpg

And here is the whole setup with the V46

bikepics-653169-full.jpg

I think it makes a nice clean installation

I have mount from HERE

I have only had it for about a week now and it seems to work well.smitty141 did a post were he mounted this rack and then later added extra reinforcing bolts. I have not yet added the extra bolts althiugh I thgink it is a good idea and I will be doing mine soon.

Smitty141 threadThread

Airshow046.jpg

Airshow044.jpg

Also, FWIW, some folks have had their SR346 rack powder coated black and it does look a lot better. I'm more of a function over form guy, so it's really never bothered me.

That is the '06 Givi-specific rack made by Duane (OHFJR). I know that Fred H. and myself thought the Givi 357 rack was kind of hideous looking. I bought the rack from Duane and them got the Givi E250 universal plate along with the V46 Monokey case.
Here is a pic of the Givi rack from Duane

bikepics-652412-full.jpg

Here is the E250 universal plate mounted on Duane's rack

bikepics-653165-full.jpg

And here is the whole setup with the V46

bikepics-653169-full.jpg

I think it makes a nice clean installation
So I guess that won't work on the '05?

That sw-motech looks interesting.