Is this a good deal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"All the amenities?" I see a passenger backrest. Seems high to me, even with the low miles. I wonder if they'll be high on their trade in offer for the Blackbird too. Are there any other options? Hope you take the time to do more comparing before you decide. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like typical dealer BS and you can bet they'll add $1000 in fees.

Looks to be $1000 - $2000 too rich, but it is at a dealer... Best price barometer is what the local market is dictating.

How bad do you want it...that is what it's worth. :)

What year is your 'bird, gotta pic?

--G

Gawd really? I hate shifting, I really do. Hardly ever get it just right and I also tend to shift a lot more than I need to, don't know why guess I'm just wierd like that.

I found a place selling new '09's still in the crate for $11,500. What should I offer them OTD w/o taxed shipped? Last I checked it would have been around $800 to ship it myself.

Once the weather takes a dive, prices start to drop. Both on what we buy, and on what we are trying to sell. We all know this. However, how much riding you gonna do in the winter in Colorado? Maybe it will cost you, say 1500 more right now than what you might find in the dead of winter, but if ya buy now, at least you can do SOME warm weather riding now on the new FJR. You'll be out of the Blackbird and out riding your FJR by the weekend. As you know, most buyers are scared of high miles on anything that isn't a known entity (like a Goldwing). Should they be in your case? No. But the market has proven this. Can you sell it soon? Maybe you're thinking... doubtful. Every day that passes brings us closer to cooler weather. Once it hits, that motorcycle "itch" that brings on new buyers seems to disappear. So ya drop the price on the Blackbird. It'll sell if it's cheap enough, we all know that. The price on the FJR is high, but not insane. So it's all a matter of money. If it were me, I'd bite the bullet and pull the trigger on the FJR and be out riding by Saturday afternoon. Done. Other wise, you may be sitting on the blackbird til spring. Is that what you really want?

Just my opinion

Gary

darksider #44

I'm finishing school right now and more of less taking this year off. I wouldn't mind waiting a few more months to buy the FJR my only hurry would be getting a new '09 AE before they are all gone. My XX is only worth $3500 so it sells when it sells I guess

I agree with Garyahouse, you can try and make them drop the price a little but, the '09AE is the best of them and the Last. It's my plan to get one but, right now my '06 is still Smokin'. :clapping:

If you want it that bad, Do It!. Trust Me, When you start riding it and you get that Left Trigger Finger making the Bike Dance like a $2 Hooker, You'll say to yourself that you would have paid More if you had to. :yahoo:

Happy Trails. :)

I see a mark on the left side engine cover (stator cover), so it's probably been dropped. Custom paint as well might mean something happened. It's a bargaining chip in your favour.

I see brand new ones on Cycletrader going for $11,500....so your price doesn't seem that bad. With that few miles, you're practically getting a new one anyway.

I'm finishing school right now and more of less taking this year off. I wouldn't mind waiting a few more months to buy the FJR my only hurry would be getting a new '09 AE before they are all gone. My XX is only worth $3500 so it sells when it sells I guess
I'm forwarding the link to your CBR to a friend who wants to buy a bike for his son in law who is in the service. Looks like a good match to me.

I see a mark on the left side engine cover (stator cover), so it's probably been dropped. Custom paint as well might mean something happened. It's a bargaining chip in your favour.

I think you are making a few assumptions... The 2002's came silver and look closer because that cover is flawless and it's never been dropped.

I think you are making a few assumptions... The 2002's came silver and look closer because that cover is flawless and it's never been dropped.
I was talking about the '08 FJR you were looking at.