Is this worth $2k to make a track bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bidding is over. Did you get it? And...year? miles? oil leakage/consuption? Are you gonna do a 'track-bike' fix only?

I'll help you fix it.

Check out the BBS of your local race org. Lots of good racebikes will be coming onto the market.

Gunny that, & find one with all the goodies installed, shock, brake lines, steering damper, etc.

I'd also suggest starting on something smaller & a bit more forgiving than a R1.

Check out the BBS of your local race org. Lots of good racebikes will be coming onto the market.

Gunny that, & find one with all the goodies installed, shock, brake lines, steering damper, etc.

I'd also suggest starting on something smaller & a bit more forgiving than a R1.
Having owned an R1 for 9 years and done 4 track days on it, I would have to agree that it would be much better to start with a good 600cc bike. Waaaay too much power for the new track rider.

I second that motion.Unless you just gotta have an R1 something smaller would be more forgiving.An alternative afforable easy to convert in a litre plus bike would be a Buell.I've rebuilt a few wrecks and have put more into them than buying a good used machine from a dealer or individual.I also agree with Andre to look at used track bikes.There will be plenty of track only bikes available in a few weeks since the season is winding down.I have to admit that I am jelous you are so close to some great motosports parks.All I got here in Texas is one!

Last edited by a moderator:
1st track bike?....as long as you don't mind when you throw it away.....& you will.....did you check out repair costs on standard crash items?