It finally arrived!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to post the picture, cause some might not know what a 2009 FJR looks like. :rolleyes:
FJR1300.JPG
Great bike...now you need some black exhaust pipes. :clapping:

:)

The ride home from work yesterday was great, too. I only have two minor complaints:forgetting to turn on the hand shifter, and holy crap the brake lever gets hot after sitting in the AZ sun for hours. The lack of a clutch lever takes a bit of getting used to at parking lot speeds, other than that I love it. Here are a few pics, as promised.
P7030042.jpg
And from the rear so you can see the cool bag decals.
P7030045.jpg

Mike

Did you get one of these with your new bike? and if so...what the hell is it?

It was inside one of the saddlebags with the owners manual. I know it's a

reflective sticky thing but where does it go?

Thingy1.JPG

Thingy2.JPG

QUOTE (SnowAviation @ Jul 4 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you get one of these with your new bike? and if so...what the hell is it?

It was inside one of the saddlebags with the owners manual. I know it's a

reflective sticky thing but where does it go?

Thingy1.JPG

Thingy2.JPG

It's a sticker to protect your paint when putting on/removing the bags, see these pictures:

This shows most of the sticker, together with one of two at the top.

(Click on any image for larger view)

This shows the complete length:

You can also see protectors round the top slots for the bag's "hooks".

Mine were installed by my dealer (the bags are considered an accessory, so fitted by the dealer. Check up on your bag lock screws as well, they should have been Loctited.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about that.
6 holes, one protective sticker. Guess I need to start a list for my dealer....
Did you get your bag liners, 6 body colored plugs for the bag mount holes, and 3rd lock in case you get a Yamaha top trunk? I didn't see any stickers floating around loose, and I don't think they are already installed. I don't think I'm particularly worried about getting the stickers. I don't plan to be taking the bags on and off too much. I'll just be careful. ;)

Mike

Did you get your bag liners, 6 body colored plugs for the bag mount holes, and 3rd lock in case you get a Yamaha top trunk? I didn't see any stickers floating around loose, and I

don't think they are already installed. I don't think I'm particularly worried about getting

the stickers. I don't plan to be taking the bags on and off too much. I'll just be careful. ;)

Mike
Yeah, got the plugs, got the lock, owners manual, bag liners, two keys, little metal thing

to make more keys, and the one sticker thingy.

Check%20mark%20copy.png
Check, on the being careful.

Mine were installed by my dealer (the bags are considered an accessory, so fitted by the dealer. Check up on your bag lock screws as well, they should have been Loctited.
The dealer even sent the bag install manual with my bike. Says right in there that they are supposed to be Loctited. I wonder why Yamaha doesn't send screws with a patch of threadlocker already on them. GM sends fasteners like that all the time. Probably due to the extra cost,but it would be nice. Then we wouldn't have to wonder if the dealer put some on.

Mike