It's almost time

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR Pilot

Reaction score
Hey, ladies and gents,

I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you guys for your help and inspiration relating to my small amount of

farkles on my FJR, and many, many thanks to the guys that helped me with the nose to get to the 'Meter' section to

replace my turn signal indicator lights.

I'm gonna be sellin' the old girl to pick up a Moto-Guzzi V7 Classic come late September/early October.

I've been salivating over one of these slower rerto bikes (also looked at Bonnies) but the MG dealer by me said to wait, so I did.

I think I'll put way more miles on the Guzzi than I ever did on the FJR. I have a 2005 FJR1300AC that has 2200 and change miles.

Not very much, I know. Some of you guys and gals would say that it hasn't even been broken in yet, which is why I'm sellin' it.

I just didn't need this much of a bike, but don't misunderstand. I love this bike. The looks, the power, it's great, just not for me.

I don't do long distance rides like you folks. I don't ride three hundred miles for a hamburger just to go for a ride. I doubt if I'd

ever ride to an event, as I'm more of a weekend rider.

Anyway, thanks again for all the info, all the humor (you guys make me laugh) and, again, all the help on the bike.

Keep the rubber side down,

Jim

Aww. come on - there's always room for both... Here's an earlier piccy of mine:

guzzi1.jpg

:bye: Good luck selling the '05, though I think there will be some people looking to scoop[ it up if the price is right.

Hey, ladies and gents,
I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you guys for your help and inspiration relating to my small amount of

farkles on my FJR, and many, many thanks to the guys that helped me with the nose to get to the 'Meter' section to

I'm gonna be sellin' the old girl to pick up a Moto-Guzzi V7 Classic come late September/early October.

I've been salivating over one of these slower rerto bikes (also looked at Bonnies) but the MG dealer by me said to wait, so I did.

I think I'll put way more miles on the Guzzi than I ever did on the FJR. I have a 2005 FJR1300AC that has 2200 and change miles.

Not very much, I know. Some of you guys and gals would say that it hasn't even been broken in yet, which is why I'm sellin' it.

I just didn't need this much of a bike, but don't misunderstand. I love this bike. The looks, the power, it's great, just not for me.

I don't do long distance rides like you folks. I don't ride three hundred miles for a hamburger just to go for a ride. I doubt if I'd

Anyway, thanks again for all the info, all the humor (you guys make me laugh) and, again, all the help on the bike.

Jim
FJR Pilot,

Don't sell the FJR before reading this. For your own sanity, reconsider buying a Moto Guzzi! I can say that because I have one in my garage. It's not the bike, it is the support or lack there of that you will get once you buy. Not saying you don't have a good dealer, but Piaggio (the owner of Moto Guzzi) does not support its dealers.

Someone backed into my Guzzi in a parking space. It took a year, that's right, a year to get parts. My favorite Yamaha dealer near my house picked up the Guzzi line. I was glad, but told them they would regret it. One year later, they were no longer a Guzzi dealer. In fact, my Guzzi was in their shop for warranty work...they couldn't get parts delivered and finally said, "come get it, we're not dealing with Guzzi any longer."

I have followed this issue closely. Several Guzzi dealers have stopped selling the bike because they are owed thousands of dollars by Piaggio and cannot get paid, they cannot get parts or other support.

The bike has been great (except when it's needed service), handles well, is fun to ride and for most maintenance it's easy to do. But if you ever need parts or major mechanical, you will be without your bike for a while.

Good luck,

Keith

Hey, ladies and gents,

Jim
Good luck FJR Pilot and the bike looks great. I have a soft place for those retro bike too and see the Triumph, Ducati and the Guzzi doing some very cool things. Being a really big guy it limits my choices and I need a larger framed bike. Good luck finding a buyer for your 05 and I am sure you will find someone quickly.

Hey Bubba, I have vintage BMW's, Kwackers, and Cagivas...

I just say ride dude.. just ride. While you can, ride whatever.

and if you don't wave to me, I'll chase you down on my FJR and make you buy me a burger and beer!

Jim
Wondering if you ever read this book?... The Perfect Vehicle The young woman who wrote it was crazy about Guzzis. One of the best bike books I ever read...but gave me a lifelong desire to admire other people's Guzzis.

Wondering if you ever read this book?... The Perfect Vehicle The young woman who wrote it was crazy about Guzzis. One of the best bike books I ever read...but gave me a lifelong desire to admire other people's Guzzis.
Gee & I thought I was the only one who read that book!

Gee & I thought I was the only one who read that book!
You are not alone. My niece borrowed mine over a year ago and I have not seen it since. Might have to buy another copy, as this is a good read now and then.
Maybe not.https://tinyurl.com/696bp5

My bad, it's not all there, but quite a bit.

This topic kinda reminds me of back in the early 90's when I wanted a scanner, but couldn't afford a flat bed, so I went shopping for a BW hand scanner. The salesman at the computer store told me, "you don't want one of those" why? "because they suck" well $300 later I found out he was absolutely correct. :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck. i've heard that recent models have embraced the "made in italy" reliability. dead sexy looking but often just dead.