It's Contagious

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be a bug..... I bought my first FJR (2009) without even test riding one. Just sat on one and that was enough for me.

Yup, PDP back in 2002 for the first one. It seemed like forever for July to role around and my 2003 : #115 to end up in my garage.

The red 14' pictures put me over the edge to upgrade... to another FJR. Love the thing!
smile.png

I'm on the other side of the OP. My brother in law had one, back when I didn't ride. I drooled over it kinda like the hot chick with a mean streak. I knew it would be friggin awesome to hop on, but man, it was a little scary. Bought my FJR without a test ride. Zero regrets.

She still scares me a little.

Similar story as others, just add in I took my brother's FJ out a couple times in the early 80s and loved it. Many years later started looking for a bike again after not having one for 10 plus years. Saw the FJR a few times over those years and knew I had to have one. Going on my fifth season and still stand in the garage once in a while just looking at it.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the other side of the OP. My brother in law had one, back when I didn't ride. I drooled over it kinda like the hot chick with a mean streak. I knew it would be friggin awesome to hop on, but man, it was a little scary. Bought my FJR without a test ride. Zero regrets.

She still scares me a little.
The chick or the bike?
no2.gif

In my early days of riding the local Honda/Yamaha dealer would 'sponsor' group rides every Wednesday. At the time I was riding a Ninja 250 while going to school and doing research. I'd put an easy 300 miles on it 3 times a week.

A few of us got close/trusting enough to trade off bikes during the rides once in a while. I swapped off the 250 for an FJ1100 and was absolutely in love with it. Fast forward 20 years (and a number of other bikes) and I still remember how enjoyable that bike was...so I bought an FJR without even test riding one. Loving it.

Apparently the contagion can lay dormant for years, so be on the lookout...
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My first was a PDP 04. Then the 08, and now the 2012. Never looked back. Of course I still have the Vmax and for some strange reason bought a POS Harley. Ha!

GP

I bought my first one, an 06, after just sitting on one. I came from a sportbike background and always wanted to ride farther and different roads than all the guys I rode with. Didn't want to go as far as a Goldwing, so I went with the FJR. Took me a few years to get another, but I'll never stray again!

I first heard of the FJR from a friend. We both had HDs (I still do), and he was in the market for a sport tourer. His choices came down to either the FJR or the Connie. He didn't like the looks of the Connie, so he went with the 08 FJR. He liked it so much that I bought one too. Kept it for a few years, then I was without a bike for a couple of years, and ultimately fell back into riding again. I bought my 2015 from the same dealer and helped him un-crate it. It was fun taking the cover off the crate and seeing it for the first time. I don't get to ride much, but like tonight I rode 30 miles just to fill it up with gas...and yes there is gas available less than a mile from me!