Its gettin hot in here...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iCruze

Reaction score
Alright guys my 08 Feej averages 5 bars when running about. I just put it all back together after its most recent surgery (AVCC, autocom AVI Pro install) I turned her on (a lil wine & soft music) and she fired up exciting me as this was my first farkle attempts and the temp shot up to five bars and stayed there the radiator fans never came on. Is there something ary going on with my bike or is normal for Gen II's?

From the Bin-0-Facts:

Estimations based on Gen 1 data:
1 = 104.0 - 118.4 (deg. F)

2 = 118.5 - 132.9

3 = 133.0 - 147.4

4 = 147.5 - 161.9

5 = 162.0 - 176.4

6 = 176.5 - 190.9

7 = 191.0 - 205.4

8 = 205.5 - 219.9

9 = 220.0 - 234.4

10= 234.5 - 249.9+
I would assume your FJR didn't get hot enough to cause the fans to come on. You might try letting it run a little longer to make sure the fans cycle.

Alright guys my 08 Feej averages 5 bars when running about. I just put it all back together after its most recent surgery (AVCC, autocom AVI Pro install) I turned her on (a lil wine & soft music) and she fired up exciting me as this was my first farkle attempts and the temp shot up to five bars and stayed there the radiator fans never came on. Is there something ary going on with my bike or is normal for Gen II's?
Mine typically runs at 4 bars regardless of the ambient temperature (40 to 80 F)

Mine typically runs at 4 bars regardless of the ambient temperature (40 to 80 F)

Do you notice if your fans ever kick on? I think when I am moving mine is actually at four also not five until I stop I guess I just need to look up what temp the fans actually kick on at.

Do you notice if your fans ever kick on? I think when I am moving mine is actually at four also not five until I stop I guess I just need to look up what temp the fans actually kick on at.
Your fans should kick in at 7 bars. This reminds me I have to pull my thermostat and check it, when I first got it last year she was normally at 4 bars unless I was in stop and go traffic but late in the summer/fall i noticed she would normally be up to at least 6 bars unless i was at highway speed. I hope it is just a sticking thermostat.

Your fans should kick in at 7 bars. This reminds me I have to pull my thermostat and check it, when I first got it last year she was normally at 4 bars unless I was in stop and go traffic but late in the summer/fall i noticed she would normally be up to at least 6 bars unless i was at highway speed. I hope it is just a sticking thermostat.
I had similar experiences and the average temp up here is 60-70 F. Keep us posted on the status of your thermostat. Thanks for the 7 barr tid-bit that is pretty hot before the fans kick on.

If you really would like to check for the fan cycle just let the bike sit at idle for 8 to 10 mins. The temp will eventually get up to 7 to 8 bar and the will come on.

Just be carefull not to get them too turned on....

Cheers

-Don

My fans come on between 7 and 8 bars, usually sitting in stopped traffic on a warm day. As for number of bars during normal cruise situations, 4 on most days, 5 in mid-summer here in Arkansas.

Here in Southern California my '08 runs at minimum 5 bars and up to 8 bars. Doesn't matter if it's 35 or 90.

Hmmm, when you installed your AVCC did you pull the coolant pipe and place the servo in the V of the frame? If so you had to remove some coolant to pull the pipe and replace it when you finished. I assume 1) you remembered to replace the coolant? Also, I'm not sure where the temperature sender is on the FJR but it's possible there's an air pocket that's preventing the sending from correctly picking up the real coolant temp. You might want to check your coolant level and make sure that's OK.

Last edited by a moderator: