It's Home (New 08 AE)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dedicated GPS will most likely happen when a worthy trip gets close. For now I want to RAM mount my G1 phone. Map/phone/tunes.. Not that I ever expect it to do real time routes.

Tail rack will have to work in conjunction with back rest, but agree it will be on the list.

Tank protector... That I need to look into.

Thanks for the input.

Hey Scotty, while you are tinkering with your new ride, check out this thread for suspension adjustment:

Suspension

As stated in the thread, it actually reduces the tingling in your hands. Don't know why, but it worked for me too. A ten minute fix.

Hi ScottyUSN,

Welcome from Creston, CA. I have a WeeStrom and 06 Feejer, manual. Ride your new skoot for a month or two, get your 6k miles on her, then start the farkling. 3k a month is about right, yes? Anyway, you get the drift; find out what works and what doesn't, then spend your bucks for farkles.

I guess the good news is that if you don't like a farkle, you can post it up for sale and someone will buy it! (like me)

Happy Trails SUSN!

dcarver

Highcountry, It's funny you mention the suspension changes. I did the clicking last night, haven't tried the setting out yet (raining).

Dcarver, I agree some farkles require time. Others you just know you will benefit right away. Risers, and ergo modes will wait till I have more seat time (on the Russell). The seat. The Feej is a huge improvement over the Stock Wee. But, after a 200 mile day, I knew the mod needed to be made. The Russell buy just happened quicker than expected, and I won't miss the bus.

Thanks for the welcome Bob. Damn glad to be here!