J.C. Whitney Tour Box - $79.00 !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9MileCatDaddy

Reaction score
FJR NOOB here....*Has anyone mounted the nice looking, inexpensive, black JC Whitney tour box for $79 on their FJR yet?

I have a blue 05 and need an inexpensive and sanitary setup about the size, but not the cost of the GIVI E46 size...

Thanks!

I got one of those for my 06 last year and I'm happy with it. Its exactly what you'd expect for $80. Not top of the line but it seems sturdy enough for me.

Mounting it was a little tricky since the mounting plate doesn't work well with the 06, but I managed to make an adaptor plate using a simple peice of painted black steel.

I also didn't care for the red plastic stripe that went around the front half of the trunk, so it got painted black to match the rest of it.

Bottom line: I don't regret spending the money.

I got one of those for my 06 last year and I'm happy with it. Its exactly what you'd expect for $80. Not top of the line but it seems sturdy enough for me.
Mounting it was a little tricky since the mounting plate doesn't work well with the 06, but I managed to make an adaptor plate using a simple peice of painted black steel.

I also didn't care for the red plastic stripe that went around the front half of the trunk, so it got painted black to match the rest of it.

Bottom line: I don't regret spending the money.
Thanks for the info Pinhead... So I take it that it will fit my 05 ??

Maybe also consider the Nelson-Rigg EXP200. It's available from Dennis Kirk for $41 in their outlet store: clicky

Last edited by a moderator: