J&M CB/Intercom performance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldryder

Reaction score
I have been investigating options for adding CB to my FJR since I ride with others that have it and I expect my daughter to be riding it with me on another bike this summer.

Does anyone have experience on how well the J&M handlebar mount module works?

(I did several search strings but couldn't come up with any existing threads)

thx in advance for any help.

mark in MN

Mark,

I can't personally say yeah or nay, But, one of the guys I ride with who has a G/W, has the J&M module on the handlebar, absolutely loves it. He's trying to get me to buy one since I'm bike to bike communication deficient.

thx. for response. looking at the J&M or autoCom. autocom looks more versatile and after you add up all the cables and such price is not all that different.

Love my J&M.

Went with the "inexpensive" headsets, approx $100 from Sierra Electronics. (Also seen them at Whitehorse Accessories and Clay's Radio on the web).

I find Sierra prices the best I can find.

I have the J&M 2003 for driver/passenger intercom and plug my MP3 into it for listening to the oldies.

I also have on my flip up/full face helmet on the left a Motorola 830 Bluetooth headset with one speaker next to left ear, and on my open face helmet a Cardo Scaler Rider Bluetooth headset with one speaker (no FM) also on the left.

On the right side of my helmet is the Adaptiv TPX wireless audio warning with speaker next to right ear.

The CB works fine for group riding even though, for looks, I only use a 2' antenna on license plate mount for 1 mile range. Better range would be had with 3' or 4' antenna. I have the Yammy trunk and didn't want a giant looking stick back there.

Intercom VOX works well too.

Check my pics of setup in FJR Farkles album on my flickr account - click on proper url in my signature.

Hope this helps and I'm here to help at any time. Just ask.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

thx. for response. looking at the J&M or autoCom. autocom looks more versatile and after you add up all the cables and such price is not all that different.

Just to clarify:

Autocom is NOT a CB unit. it will allow you to attach almost any type of communication device to it, but at an extra fee.

Love my J&M.
Went with the "inexpensive" headsets, approx $100 from Sierra Electronics. (Also seen them at Whitehorse Accessories and Clay's Radio on the web).

I find Sierra prices the best I can find.

I have the J&M 2003 for driver/passenger intercom and plug my MP3 into it for listening to the oldies.

I also have on my flip up/full face helmet on the left a Motorola 830 Bluetooth headset with one speaker next to left ear, and on my open face helmet a Cardo Scaler Rider Bluetooth headset with one speaker (no FM) also on the left.

On the right side of my helmet is the Adaptiv TPX wireless audio warning with speaker next to right ear.

The CB works fine for group riding even though, for looks, I only use a 2' antenna on license plate mount for 1 mile range. Better range would be had with 3' or 4' antenna. I have the Yammy trunk and didn't want a giant looking stick back there.

Intercom VOX works well too.

Check my pics of setup in FJR Farkles album on my flickr account - click on proper url in my signature.

Hope this helps and I'm here to help at any time. Just ask.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
J&M has an optional harness to plug connect to GPS, Radar Detector, cell phone, MP3/Ipod, etc. all at once. It comes stock with one 3mm plug to connect one device. They also have bluetooth units available if you want to go that way. Sell bluetooth ready Nolan helmets and CB unit so you are wireless unlike me who has a wire from the unit to my helmet headset.

Check the J&M web sight for all these "expensive" goodies. BTW, I purchased my CB 2003 off ebay from a HD owner who bought an Ultra with HD custom CB. Took the J&M unit off his old bike before he traded it in.

I have the J&M CB also.I had it on my 05 fjr and it's on my 07 fjr now.The cb works great with a good install and the extra input with volume control works great plugged into my garmin zumo.Get to hear music and nav. directions and talk on the cb with other riders.The cb works great for a few miles.

Picture of J & M CB mounted

Last edited by a moderator: