J&M CB &

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the pics and explanation on how it mounts. I've determined that if I go with the J&M Unit I will have to move my Audiovox Cruise Control to the right bar. Skyway has a nice mounting unit that would work for that. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this, but will give it some more time and thought to make sure this is how I want to proceed.

Thanks again!

Smoke

Last edited by a moderator:
Yhe Zumo arrived last night simple install pluged into J&M Mp3 player works great.

I just installed the J&M CB 2003 and the Zumo integration kit everything seems to be working fine, however, I have a low pitch buzz when I turn it on. It is not a ground loop, there is no engine whine, it is just a buzz when the unit is turned on. I also find that the sound quality from the Zumo ( or ipod) is not very good quality. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

After spending so much, I expected better.

Chris

Yhe Zumo arrived last night simple install pluged into J&M Mp3 player works great.

I just installed the J&M CB 2003 and the Zumo integration kit everything seems to be working fine, however, I have a low pitch buzz when I turn it on. It is not a ground loop, there is no engine whine, it is just a buzz when the unit is turned on. I also find that the sound quality from the Zumo ( or ipod) is not very good quality. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Chris
I'm just about to pull the trigger on the same setup. How did you connect power on all the units? Call J&M direct, their customer service seems to be pretty good, from the few times I've called for questions. Also, may I ask where you purchased yours and what CB antenna you went with?

Sorry, I'm not much help....just more questions for you.

i'm currently installing my J&M Unit. I can install pretty much anything, but I need definate clear instructions. I nees help on two things.

1. Is the yellow wire to the brake light the wire I want to connect the J&M Unit too?

2. I purchased the license plate mounted antenna and I haven't mounted it yet, but just holding the bracket up to the plate, it appears the antenna will not be 90 degrees to the pavement. It's like the bracket is at the wrong angle. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

i'm currently installing my J&M Unit. I can install pretty much anything, but I need definate clear instructions. I nees help on two things.
1. Is the yellow wire to the brake light the wire I want to connect the J&M Unit too?

2. I purchased the license plate mounted antenna and I haven't mounted it yet, but just holding the bracket up to the plate, it appears the antenna will not be 90 degrees to the pavement. It's like the bracket is at the wrong angle. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I went with the two foot antenna mounted on the license plate it is at a angle that clears my top box. I had to bend the bracket a little.

Chris
I've noticed that XM music through the Zumo seems...tinny, like a lack of bass. I haven't done anything to try to solve it. Suggestions welcome.

Paul Peloquin

Monmouth OR