J&M JMCB-2003

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlueStreak

Reaction score
Was wondering if FJR owners have any information regarding

the quality/performance/ installation ease of the J&M JMCB-2003

CB/Radio/Intercom unit?

Thanks!

I installed the J & M 2003 & also the audio integration module. Impressions after about a year & 12K miles:

1. Pricey.

2. Lots of wires to cram into the faring especially with the audio Integration module.

3. I have a Passport 8500 which feeds into the Integration module. The 8500 had to be sent to J & M for modification to work. It worked fine when I got it back although if it had been a new unit the warrenty would probably have been voided by the modification.

4. I have a portable am/fm radio that I feed into the system to listen to fm while riding out of traffic.

5. I also feed in my cell phone. This works well. I don't place outgoing calls (although I can) however, I will answer the cell phone if not in traffic or the twisties.

6. The CB, weather radio & intercom functions work well. I have a Noland Helmet. I have found that I need to wear earplugs as the radar detector volume is VERY loud even when turned down all the way. The radar detector signal feeds into the ear phones even when the CB unit is turned off.

7. Bottom line---I would install it again as I have made several trips of over 700 miles one way & find the CB & weather helpfull on trips. There is more road info available with a CB than with the FRS units. Many Gold Wing riders have CB's & H-D riders as well. I had a Chatterbox unit that I used with a push to talk switch & was happy with it for Bike to Bike communications as well. It depends on what your riding buddies are using & your needs are. I would suggest adding up all the prices prior to making a decision as there are lots of separate costs for the J & M system. CB unit, helmet speakers, mount for the FJR, headphone cords, audio module, (if you decide to add it) & probably others that I have forgotten. Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator: