jm audio looking at zuma

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin w

Reaction score
I am looking for away to make my cell phone work while riding. I have the JM audio setup with intercom,cb, and aux is mp3 player. If i get a zuma do i need to add bluetooth headset to my helmet too? or will it play nicely with JM setup

also lookin for a good helmet to add to the mix.

I am looking for away to make my cell phone work while riding. I have the JM audio setup with intercom,cb, and aux is mp3 player. If i get a zuma do i need to add bluetooth headset to my helmet too? or will it play nicely with JM setup also lookin for a good helmet to add to the mix.

Get the cable interface for the Zumo and the J&M. Bluetooth your cell with the zumo and your in business Speakers com from the J&M via cable

They will not work together out of the box.

You'll have to get J&M's ridiculously expensive ($370) JCB03-CFRG-D and a $40 adapter CFRG-D-CA02 to make it work with J&M stuff.

Luckily, Cyclegadgets sells something called Kennedy Tech Group CellSet. This thing, with the right adapters, will connect the intercom of the J&M to the MIC input of the Zumo.

Here's a list of the items to make it work:

KT-DM25-95417 $30.00 1 Kennedy Technology Group 2820/Zumo 550 Microphone Harness

KT-I2JMCB-95462 $45.00 1 Kennedy Technology Group CellSet Intercom Harness for J&M CB-2003

KT-STGM-95416 $40.00 1 Kennedy Technology Group CellSet MC/GPS-MIC

and the place to get it: https://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/KT/detail.asp?SET=GPSHM

Still not cheap, but better than spending as much on wires as you did on the Zumo.