Joined the drop club today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvermist

Reaction score
Pulled out of a parking lot, went too slow over a bump in the pavement, fell to the inside. Scrtatched fairing, mirror, and saddlebag. Irritating, mostly embarassing. Anyway, don't know if I'll get this stuff repaired, just a little wear. I'm on a six months' trip from KY through New England, Atlantic Provinces, across Canada, some time in Alberta or BC, then down the West Coast to the Southwest by next winter. Dropped the bike in Prince Edward Island.

Welcome to our 12-step meeting Silver. My name is Michael and I'm a dropper too.

Keep riding, look at the scenery and not the plastic. Worry about it when you get home -- after you write a ride report for us.

I joined the club today also. Just out day riding on some very lonesome Nebraska back roads when I spot a nice looking bungee cord laying on the road. Hell, it must have been worth at least 99 cents. I couldn't resist ! ! Turned around, stopped, put my foot down on a very smooth road covered with very fine sand. You can guess the rest of the story. Got the mirror and right case. Not too bad, just pissed me off.

Sure wish I would of just stopped at Walmart and picked up that bungee cord on the way back to town ! ! Doooh ! ! !

Just drop it on the other side to even things out. That's what I did... not on purpose.

Welcome to the club.

My first drop bothered me for a day. My second drop on the other side bothered me for a few minutes.

It actually helped me practice getting the bike up myself. I am a pro now. :D

Dropped the bike in Prince Edward Island.
Did you get red mud on it ? :p

ps - sorry for the drop. It's something I can't get too excited about any longer
Dropped on pavement. Already had plenty of red dust from stopping at light houses and points of interest. Also, we've spent time in NB and NS as well. Rode the Cabot Trail. Gorgeous.

So Sorry but it happens. You both can now add the drop club to your signature line and be proud. Just copy it from mine and slip er on in ther. lol

Bah. Chicks dig scars, man.

I'm on a six months' trip from KY through New England, Atlantic Provinces, across Canada, some time in Alberta or BC, then down the West Coast to the Southwest by next winter.
Ahem. We best be seeing a ride report from ya if'n yer gonna pony up that info.

Otherwise when ya get to Kali, ya gotta swap spit with Old Michael while BeemerDons rubs a sheep on yer leg.

:blink:

Safe travels.

BG

Bah. Chicks dig scars, man.

I'm on a six months' trip from KY through New England, Atlantic Provinces, across Canada, some time in Alberta or BC, then down the West Coast to the Southwest by next winter.
Ahem. We best be seeing a ride report from ya if'n yer gonna pony up that info.

Otherwise when ya get to Kali, ya gotta swap spit with Old Michael while BeemerDons rubs a sheep on yer leg.

:blink:

Safe travels.

BG
Check out www.griffadventure.com it's a kind of running ride report...lotta photogs.

Sorry about the drop...

...the real news in the post is the RIDE OF A LIFETIME you are taking! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Have a great trip and don't sweat the small stuff.

Check out www.griffadventure.com it's a kind of running ride report...lotta photogs.

and already an excellent ride being reported... what an epic ride you are on.