Just how waterproof is a Zumo?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never had a problem and I ride every day to and from work, rain or shine. I burned my cage and never looked back. BTW, where in Cali are you going and when. If your out San Diego way, maybe we could put a ride together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a problem with the mount when I left it out in the rain overnight and forgot to place the magnetic rubber cover over the contacts on the cradle. The contacts were wet when I placed the Zumo in the cradle. It started acting real weird and I shut it off. After drying the contacts, I had to do the HARD REBOOT where you hold down the + button and the POWER button at the same time for a while (30 secs?) It rebooted normally and has been trouble free since, including a 3+ hour ride in Nova Scotia in Hurricane Hanna.

Not sure if it was related to washing or not, but one of my mounts got so that I got intermittant stereo when listening to the mp3 player. If you wiggled the Zumo, it would cut in and out. I had a spare mount, so I replaced it and it works fine now. I always leave the mount uncovered when I wash my bike. No issues with the Zumo itself in rain.

Latest posts