Just love the Farkling Season!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huron52

Reaction score
Looky what came in the mail today!

395176262.jpg

A couple of small boxes

I opened the first one and this is what I found

395176264.jpg

A set of cool lights

Then the next one

395176266.jpg

Here is ruler to give you an idea of size

395176267.jpg

Maybe I can't go for a ride but allows me time to farkle. :yahoo:

lovely boxes, but it's just like a buying for a girl. It's not the size of the box, but I bet a pair of those round thingies were expensive!

Very nice! :)

I just sent you an email with a couple of questions. I would like some more lights also.

I hate you! We never have farkling season. What's a poor bastard to do? I have had farkles sitting, waiting to be installed for months but the weather has been so damned nice I end up riding every day instead of farkling. It's a miserable existence.

When will I get to install those poor, neglected farkles?

I hate you! We never have farkling season. What's a poor bastard to do? I have had farkles sitting, waiting to be installed for months but the weather has been so damned nice I end up riding every day instead of farkling. It's a miserable existence.

You don't REALLY wanna put a roll cage on that FJR do ya? But if you do, please post pics... :p

Piss off Skoot! I'm trying to figure out how to get the ice skating rink in my driveway melted so I can get my Beemer out and stretch her legs! I have an off-road route I can ride out of here, but it too is covered with snow. Oh, and I have ordered my lights....YIPPEEEEE!!!

What kind of lights?

I have had my PIAA 600s sitting on a shelf since September. Get around to it one of these days. Maybe when it's 120 out.

I thought it was farkling season for you boys & girls when the pavement is melting or do you just migrate north?

I'm interested in seeing pics when you get the lights installed and how they compare to the more popular name brands out there. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I'm interested in seeing pics when you get the lights installed and how they compare to the more popular name brands out there. Looking forward to your thoughts.

As these are a second set of aux lights for the bike, so I really don't know when I will have them mounted. It might be a couple of months.(we have snow, you know) I'll send you a link via the PM system.

As these are a second set of aux lights for the bike, so I really don't know when I will have them mounted. It might be a couple of months.(we have snow, you know) I'll send you a link via the PM system.
I appreciate the link and I'll check them out. Looking for a good set that won't cost an arm and a leg to mount down on the forks. We still have some snow on the ground here but finally melting with a high of 67 deg today. First day out this season!

Lights down on the forks may not give the light to see the max amount of distance. If you want to be seen... maybe down there. If you want the best flood coverage as high as possible is the best. A lot of people get brackets and attach them very near the mirrors.

Lights down on the forks may not give the light to see the max amount of distance. If you want to be seen... maybe down there. If you want the best flood coverage as high as possible is the best. A lot of people get brackets and attach them very near the mirrors.
Good point - I like the look of lower aux lights but functionality is priority. Do you have a recommendation of mounts? Also, what model of light did you end up ordering from them? I see they have 10 / 24 /24 with dimmer option available and some on the forum were pairing two different models.

I put those 3 way lights on the fender bolts on the FJR. If you go to ADVrider forum, you can get a discount code for these.

Good point - I like the look of lower aux lights but functionality is priority. Do you have a recommendation of mounts? Also, what model of light did you end up ordering from them? I see they have 10 / 24 /24 with dimmer option available and some on the forum were pairing two different models.
I got the 24 with the dimmer option. If you go that way I suggest get the pushbutton on/off switich. Also no need for a relay.

As for the mount I use I got mine from a past forum member who no long does business here. Check out the vendors area here you should be able to find someone with a mount you like.

The lights do (if you checked my link) come with a kind of mount for a small diameter pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've got the same problem. mid 70's every day and the weather man said it'd be 10 days or so before we even get a chance for rain. Putting a lot of miles on the Feej.
Suffering in Florida,

Gary

darksider #44