Just Order a Givi E52 Gloss Black

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tried to place an order with University motors for the Givi case as described by Wicked, they said they are "real busy today". They said it would be better if I tried next week around tuesday or wednesday, this is after I was put on hold and dropped.

Remember back when spending a few hundred dollars for accessories was welcomed by vendors?

No offense to you Wicked, but after seeing you assembly on your bike that is what I wanted as I have an 07'A also, but I was not impressed with University motors.

Just tried to place an order with University motors for the Givi case as described by Wicked, they said they are "real busy today". They said it would be better if I tried next week around tuesday or wednesday, this is after I was put on hold and dropped.

Remember back when spending a few hundred dollars for accessories was welcomed by vendors?

No offense to you Wicked, but after seeing you assembly on your bike that is what I wanted as I have an 07'A also, but I was not impressed with University motors.
Wow. Business is good huh?

I have a question concerning the mount. The ES 250 versus the SR 357. I'm confused. (easily done I might add)

Which one?

hh

I have a question concerning the mount. The ES 250 versus the SR 357. I'm confused. (easily done I might add)
Which one?
+1. I like this setup too, and want to know the difference between the 2 mounts. Can the top box be slid forward/back? Is one mount more stable than the other? Is one lower-profile (doesn't raise the box too high)? ....etc. Thanks! Pics are always great.

Hey Guys,

My understanding is that both mounts are similar but the 250 is the basic(no pre wired connection for the tail Givi light system). I have heard people were not happy with the Givi light(some said it seemed cheap) and that the electrical connection the 357 makes doesn't always work!! I can still use a led light with the 250. I just connect the wires under my seat with a trailer style plug(then it always works!). What good is a light when it isn't always working?? I am not bad mouthing the Givi light(for those who have it...cause I don't) BUT ... I am going to be using that custom LED light I linked earlier...Still installs inside the Givi Light lens on the box BUT has...Tail lights, Brake lights and signals TOO!! I know the Givi light system doesn't have all those.

Oh yes, I can only say that Mike helped me at UMotors and he was AWESOME!! He treated me like gold. Ask for Mike. I also talked to a Seth and he was really nice too!!

Also: The OHFJR rack does give you 2 pre drilled positions to mount the base. I think you could even mount the base farther back too if you didn't use the racks pre drilled holes and used the Givi clamps(comes with base). I chose not to use the Givi clamps because I didn't like the way the bolts and clamps hung down(within rear view) below the rack(and possibly scratching the tail section of the bike during On/Off's of the touring rack. On the rear portion of my base connection, I substituted multiple Med sized Blk zip ties. I will post a pic of how I did it tonight.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, after much ado I have this figured out thanks to this forum.

Most go with the ES 250 mount for a cleaner look and adjustment options on where the top box mounts. I will need to order the ES 250 mount, E-52 Givi top box, a rear mount from premier motorcycle. I will also add the rear helmet lock and bag protector.

I contacted Gary for the paint work. Trunk will be shipped directly to him. :yahoo:

Any other do's and dont's please let me know. I'm tracking the thread.

Thank you.

hh

Ok, here are some pics as I described before. These are of the OHFJR small Touring rack and the Givi 250 base. This is how I chose to do the install. Note: I put the Black duct tape along the sides of the rack for when I have the top case on. Then it all looked black under the top case rather than the slots (for bungees)showing when I am using the top case(just my little red neck preference I guess). I opted for med blk zip ties on the rear of the rack to clean up the look...So you don't see the bolts hanging down below the touring rack from the rear and so I won't "tear up" the rear top section of my bike during my quick "on/off's change outs of the rack. I do have to remove the 4 small screws on the base cover plate to get to the 3rd bolt But it only take a few minutes to remove the cover plate and I prefer the cleaner look when the cover plate is on(I did not drill a hole on the cover plate for the 3rd bolt, just in the 250 base..the hole is already their on the OHFJR small touring rack for attaching to the bike).

Top side (off bike) with cover plate off. Oh ya, where you see the two allen bolts(OHFJR includes them with the rack for the Givi mounts)screwed into the pre drilled holes on the rack, I opted not to use the Givi square style washers below them because they didn't allow me enough room to drill the hole for quick access to the 3rd bolt. So I just used some washers instead.:

DSCN5104edit.jpg

Bottom side (off bike):

DSCN5105.jpg

Top side(off Bike) with plate(not screwed in yet but you get the idea). Also, this method allows me to have the top case up as forward as posible and still use the long slot in front of it, and screw holes for the OHFJR backrest(when I just want just the OHFJR touring rack and the OHFJR backrest rather than the top case) You cant use the OHFJR backrest and top case at the same time...I like to have all the options you know:

DSCN5106.jpg

See....No bolts or clamps hanging down below the rack(top case too!)

DSCN5087.jpg

Just How I chose to do it.

WW

Yup looks good. Except I would skip on the Givi light kit and get this one instead:

https://www.admorelighting.com/index.php?pa...p&subpage=5

A lot of folks have had problems with the Givi one. Also the Givi one only gives you brake lights....The above one gives you led brake lights, tail lights and signal lights. Just my preference.

My order was:$420 shipped from UMOTORS in Fargo ND. It included the E52 Painted Gloss Black(would be same price as any painted one), the e95s back pad and the e250 base.

WW

Yup, that was painted with ColorRite - apparently, they got the color shade correct this time. That has not necessarily been the case... <_<
Now, back to building racks... :rolleyes:
garauld,

I have the Givi 52, but it is not the gloss black, can you paint it the black cherry and make it look this nice?

Yup, that was painted with ColorRite - apparently, they got the color shade correct this time. That has not necessarily been the case... <_<
Now, back to building racks... :rolleyes:
garauld,

I have the Givi 52, but it is not the gloss black, can you paint it the black cherry and make it look this nice?

Hey FJR07,

You should send Garauld a PM. He has always responded to my PM's pretty quickly... I suspect you will need to do a lot of sanding work on the matte black to get it smooth as silk. Although, the matte black might flex too much after sanding it down to smooth. I know my gloss black top is a completely different(thicker) material than the matte black(bottom portion of mine).

Hope it works for ya!! If anybody could do it... it would be Garauld!!!

Ride safe..

WW

GIVI V-46 can now be had with a top lid to match the 07. I was at the Honda Hoot yesterday and I spoke to the guys in the Givi tent & they said they just received the black cherry top lids last week. The V46 is the only trunk they have the black cherry lid for at the moment.