K1200LT t0 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work 28 days on & 28 days off.
Man, where can I sign up for that? I work 6 days on, and then 1 off, and then repeat until I die. <_<
The only thing is you gotta travel 8,000 miles one way to get to work but, it's on their dime & I keep the free air miles.

Hey, You did not answer the question................ Lemme repeat it ... """"" Man, where can I sign up for that?""""""""""" Dont care about the dime.. I'll swim for those hours... Cant take my bike on a plane anyway so air miles are worthless

:clapping:
No Kiddin !!

What the heck do you do? I could use a change of venue ...

You'll have to adjust to some changes from a luxury tourer.

Welcome back to the world of motorcycling.

JRO, this is wonderful information. Thanks for taking the time to share it. I even went over to the BMW site and copied that Yoda discussion.

Super. Should make adapting to the FJR a LOT easier.

Thanks again.

Terry J

I have owned a 99 & 05 LT and a 03 & 06AE FJR and I think "training pilot" hit it pretty much dead on. If your doing a lot of two up the LT just can't be beat. But if your not doing much two up and do not care for a radio and feel trading off some of these luxury kind of things is ok and you like performance the FJR should be a good fit for you. It also took me awhile to get use to the FJR and in fact I really did not like my 03 because of the heat issues which were resolved for 06. It also took me awhile to get use to the 06 because of the auto clutch but in 5k I did get use to that and enjoyed the bike until I totaled it in Dec of 06. I'm planning on getting an 08 by this summer. Givi makes a very nice detachable touring pack that also makes a great back rest for your passenger and "Knife maker" on this site makes some great replacment passenger foot rest, well worth the $$$. I also replaced the windshield which made the bike more comfortable to ride. Also CycleGadgets.com has a number of items and ways of attaching them to the bike. Enjoy your FJR their a lot of fun to ride

I work 28 days on & 28 days off.
Man, where can I sign up for that? I work 6 days on, and then 1 off, and then repeat until I die. <_<
The only thing is you gotta travel 8,000 miles one way to get to work but, it's on their dime & I keep the free air miles.

Hey, You did not answer the question................ Lemme repeat it ... """"" Man, where can I sign up for that?""""""""""" Dont care about the dime.. I'll swim for those hours... Cant take my bike on a plane anyway so air miles are worthless

:clapping:
No Kiddin !!

What the heck do you do? I could use a change of venue ...

Oil field trash, working at a gas plant on an island, off the west coast of Africa.

Here's a start:

https://www.rigzone.com/

https://www.worldwideworker.com/WorldWW/homepage.do

I put 36k miles on my K1200LT though that was 3 bikes prior to the FJR.

I loved my LT but it was such a fat pig. The FJR feels like a bicycle to me compared to the LT.

Riding position is more aggressive but for some reason, my knees don't bother me as much on the FJR as they did on the LT even though that bike had a peg lowering kit and J-pegs installed.

I've got bar risers on my FJR but I'd still like to have them back just a bit. Changed the seat of course too. That and a VStream windshield were all I needed to equal the comfort of the LT for me.