K8 for the LONG HAUL!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it, starting to look like a road warrior!
Heh... I *used* to have glossy-black wheel rims, but I'm sporting a new wheel color here that I like to call "brake dust".
bling_cool.gif

LDBusa_Aug08.jpg

You running the bars and pegs in the stock locations? Any other comfort mods besides the seat?

On a side note, how is the packing in the Yosh standing up to the miles? Thoughts on that pipe in retrospect?

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
You running the bars and pegs in the stock locations? Any other comfort mods besides the seat?
Oh, yes.... Heli-Bars, and Footpeg Lowering Brackets from my old XX. The latter is a direct fit from my old Blackbird.

On a side note, how is the packing in the Yosh standing up to the miles? Thoughts on that pipe in retrospect?
I am woefully, woefully overdue for re-packing.... it needs to be repacked about every 10,000 miles. This pipe currently has 22,000 miles on it, and it desperately needs to be repacked. Like, right now.

I love the Yosh setup, but it is obvious that I this re-packing interval is going to prove to be an ass-pain (guess not many LD riders use the Busa, even fewer with the Yosh 4-2-1 kit). I half half a mind to try to retro-fit an Remus can or some other canister that never needs repacking.

Hey Warchild,

Some quick questions if you dont mind...

Are you using Heli Bars and is so what are your thoughts on them with your bike?

Would you mind elaborating on your foot peg lowering brackets? Perhaps posting some detailed pictures?

How was the comfort of the bike previously and now after your mods?

I have a feeling that I am going to be going the same direction with either a Busa or ZX-14 this winter and I really appreciate your sharing of information.

Many thanks,

Mark

Gotta echo the coments about the type and quality of the work done to this machine, but this is NOT the bike for me.

Love the things you've done with it, but I'm not an IBA type.

I love the Hella Micro DE Xenon driving lights. I have a set mounted on the FJR, having had another set on the bike's predecessor, may she rest in peace.

The biggest issue with mounting an externally ballasted fixture on a Gen-II FJR is finding a home for the electronics - been there, done that - it can be squeezed in - one sits behind the glove box and the other is between the plastic and radiator.

If you wanted to go to a Chinese miniature ballast you could certasinly find more places to stuff it at the expense of long term reliability.

Someone here cut the cabling and ran high voltage cabling from the tail of his bike . . . I strongly suspect that doing THAT would cause all kinds of electrical noise, impacting on an Autocom or even affecting a navigator, depending on the spectral output of the unshielded wiring. It seems to work for him, though.

Last edited by a moderator: