kawasaki c14 vs fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marble1229

Reaction score
I have a roadliner cruiser, and for a short time rode a kawasaki c14 concours, the concours was a tourture rack is the fjr more comfortable? thanks

To most of us it is.

Especially those of us well over 50 yrs. and like a bit more comfort rather than the "sport-bike crouch". The only way to tell is go to a dealer and sit on the bike for 1/2 hour or more. BTDT and eliminated some bikes I might "wish" to own...someday and some bikes I would have purchased.

The body position of a Sport-Touring bike is vastly different from a Cruiser. That said, the FJR has a bit more room, imho. Every body type is different. You don't say if you're tall, short, fat or what ever so it's hard to offer more than general suggestions about comfort.

What you need to understand is that after a while, your body will get used to the new riding position. The best thing is to ride the new bike w/o changes for long enough that you get used to the new position, then make changes if necessary to address the still lingering issues that you may have.

It's not uncommon for new FJR riders to toss risers on immediately to get a more upright position, only to take them off later after they have gotten used to the bike's ergos.

The Gen II, ('06 and up), FJR has an adjustable seat height & adjustable bar positions. Some experimentation with these first, then typically it goes to risers, foot peg extenders and wind screens. Some need none of those, others need some combination to get comfortable.

Tell us what tortured you the most and perhaps folks can offer more direct comments.

Note that your post was moved to NEPRT land because it's been asked in similar forms so many times. (Admin make that choice)

I have a roadliner cruiser, and for a short time rode a kawasaki c14 concours, the concours was a tourture rack is the fjr more comfortable? thanks
At one time I had a Nomad, essentially a cruiser. Bought a 2006 Concours and never rode the Nomad again. Traded the Nomad in on a FJR. The Connie has a slightly more lean forward position versus the FJR. I can not ever see going back to a cruiser again. Drastically different sittin position between the 2 typers (cruiser vs ST). One needs time to adapt. YMMV

Willie

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let me put it this way,at 50+ aint none of them comfortable. Hell set-n in the easy chair for more then hour at a time gets pretty rough some times.

To answer your question... no.

The Connie, Feej and the st1300 are all pretty much in the same category. There may be slight differences between them ergo wise, but the differences are pretty small.

Out of all the bikes that have some "sport" in them, these sport / touring bikes are much more ergo friendly then say... a gsxr or a honda RR or the most "race bike replica" I've ever ridden, the honda rc51 (the hand grips for this bike are BELOW the top triple tree).

Coming from a cruiser, which most of us who have ridden for many years, have done, we are at a disadvantage. It took me many years of riding these types of "sport" bikes to learn how to ride in such a way that I didn't feel the bike was a "torcher rack", or my hands going numb, etc.

The key thing is to use your legs to support your upper body weight. Do some searching and you'll find all the details. Personally, now that I've experienced riding a "sport" type bike in the way I believe they are meant to be ridden, wouldn't go back to a cruiser style bike for all the tea in China. No way in the world.

Good luck,

I'm the other way around. After occasionally riding some 600s and smaller bikes, then actually owning the FJR, getting on a cruiser is painful. My son's M109R is just nasty to me. Feet way forward, arms stretching to reach the bars, the bike forces me into a slouching position. It's powerful, it's fast, but I couldn't be on it more than 15 minutes, I don't think.

I'm the other way around...getting on a cruiser is painful. My son's M109R is just nasty to me. Feet way forward, arms stretching to reach the bars, the bike forces me into a slouching position.
+1

I prefer the FJR for spirited long distance riding. I like to be leaning forward with my feet under me--the Master Yoda riding position. If you don't care how long it takes to get there and the feet forward position is supported by an awfully soft seat, then a cruiser--for me--makes sense.

I haven't ridden the C14, but have heard some comment it feels a bit larger and has a higher COG than the FJR.