Keeping my bike home with me this winter.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey 'der, JT,

Dat "shed" dere sure looks like a garage, eh? The kind wid'out da petrol pumps.

I bet ya got some good Canadian beer in 'der chillin up, hey? ;)

And I don't care where you are from, parking a motorcycle (or a car for that matter) in your living room, is redneck! :lol:

It's all about the attitude, not the lattitude!! :p

In all seriousness, JT's "shed" is the bomb diggety.

I've been thinking (dreaming?) of building something along the same lines out in the back yard to put the bikes in, especially for the winter months. It would be good to get that 1/2 of my 2-car garage back for my car. Clearing snow off the car before you go anywhere is a royal PITA!

It would also be really nice to have an out of the way place to work on the bikes and not worry about them being in a state of partial disassembly.

Nice work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've posted this before. Only have a carport, so when winter sets in......
010.jpg
Way freakin cool. My new hero.
LOL, back in the day I a TT500, R69 and R60 in the enclosed front porch. Ride up the 3 stairs, turn the bars to clear the door, home sweet home!

The living room was used as the disassembly area. Dining room for clean assembly. Kitchen for repair work. Can't tell you how many engine cases had paint cured in that oven. :lol:

Que es en del Mundo uno Arctic Cat? Compadre, no sabe! Quires es un Arctic Cat, ese! No comprende un Arctic Cat, Amigo!!! Even more confusing, just what in Hades is this Winter thing??? Papa Chuy

Last edited by a moderator:
And I don't care where you are from, parking a motorcycle (or a car for that matter) in your living room, is redneck! :lol: It's all about the attitude, not the lattitude!! :p
<sigh> I'd guess this will just confirm your perception :rolleyes:

IMG_0140.jpg

And I don't care where you are from, parking a motorcycle (or a car for that matter) in your living room, is redneck! :lol: It's all about the attitude, not the lattitude!! :p
Now Fred, I know you mean well, but you say Redneck like it's a bad thing; but you gotta remember somethin'

clock.jpg

But, I do owe you a story; maybe it'll bridge the gap somewhat.

Well, my story is this; I used to be a happy bachelor, kept the bikes in the house and generally had a great time!

Bikeinhouse.jpg

Then, I met the “little woman”; we fell in love, got married…………

Redneck-Wedding.jpg

So, the bikes stayed in for a bit, but we decided to build our dream home, and wanted to move up! We found a really good neighborhood where we'd fit in.

images.jpg

It’s really pretty good living in the new place; we have a pool

redneckpool.jpg

A cool dog

RedneckDog.jpg

A pretty good balcony to hang out

redneck-penthouse.jpg

But, now I have to figure out where to keep the motorsickle

Motorsickle.jpg

My huntin buddy Tucker Joe Bob came up with a purty good idea

tucker-and-dale.jpg

We had been doing some maintenance around the trailer and found an old truck I plumb forgot about

weedtruck.jpg

He was thinkin’ to use the hood and build a ramp up to the trailer door! Dang, why didn’t I think of that! But, the hood wasn’t quite long enough, so we thought of using my old Camaro

camaro.jpg

But in the end, the little woman put an end to that thinkin’! So now, I found a purty good deal on an extra trailer

Freetrailer.jpg

Borrowed my buddy’s tow rig to get’er home

Trailertow.jpg

So, it’s all set up; got the sickle in one end, and the chickens and goats in the other!

Now, Mama is happy, there’s peace in the house, and she goes out to the races with me…..

3.jpg

Went swimmin’ at the old hole at our family reunion!

Bubbaswim.jpg

And even got an award for fixin’ up the trailer!

FoxworthyTrailerMakeover.jpg

THE END !

Latest posts