Killington Classic Motorcycle Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jatect

Reaction score
Is anyone planning to attend the Killington Classic Motorcycle Rally on Sept 7-11? www.killingtonclassic.com I've been there the for the last two and had a great time. There has beeen a lot of chat about riding in VT., this is a great opportunity to ride some really scenic roads. They have interesting guided tours as well as self-guided rides. The ride into Rutland on Friday nite is a real highlite. If there are enough FJR riders maybe we can have an FJR only breakfast ride on Sunday before everyone heads home.

My riding bud (RT-1150) mentioned this to me, at this point we're positive maybes (depending on work schedules).

I'd be interested in the Sunday ride & wonder what routes the self guided tours cover. I've been on Rte 100 lots of times, but in a car or 4WD in the winter (ski trip). I think it would be a fun road in the summer...

Heh... I saw the thread name for this really quickly, and thought it said Klingon... had a mental picture of a bunch of dressed up Star Trek geeks cruising down the freeway.... :D

would people be attending during the weekend only or ride up on a weekday like Sept 7?

Well, it's finally really definitively definite.

Leaving Delaware Friday around 10:00 AM, meeting my 1150RT riding bud, then up to Killington.

Actually we'll be staying just north of Killington in Pittsfield, a few miles up route 100, at the Swiss Farm Inn, run by a couple named Roger & Joyce. A real home cooked breakfast included, a real chef style dinner included, and nice people you can talk to for hours. I have no connection to the Swiss Farm Inn, just years of good hospitality in ski season. Phone is 1-800-245-5126, web is https://www.swissfarminn.com

Anyone want to meet on the way up ?

A Sunday morning get together sounds good. Who knows a good spot & what time & etc ?

Well, it's finally really definitively definite.
A Sunday morning get together sounds good. Who knows a good spot & what time & etc ?
A Sunday morning meet and greet plus breakfast sounds good. I only live 15 miles from Killington so I can meet most anywhere. Plus I know a few good roads other than RT 100 (like RT 17, App Gap, off of RT 100 in Irasville).

Let's meet at Bill's Country Store( across from the Killington Access Rd.) between 8 and 8:30 AM Sunday morning. We can ride for about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. This will give people time to get home.

DARN....I'll not be able to make due to something else that has come up. Looks like Jatect will have to lead this group. You guys have fun.

Last edited by a moderator: