KY to New Orleans & Back

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jagermeister

Reaction score
I packed up & left snowy KY behind Tuesday, 3/11:

DSC00001-1.jpg

You guys in Mid-TN have great roads! I took 53, 56 & 16 (all highly recommended) down to AL, stopping for a couple of Lakeside pictures in TN:

DSC00004-1.jpg

DSC00007-2.jpg

I stayed the night in Cullman, and slabbed it Wednesday to New Orleans.

The valets at the Westin-N.O. were great; for 3 days, every time I pulled up, they'd move a car away for me to park right up front. In all, they moved 6 or more cars for me. Tipping probably helped.

DSC00069.jpg

Did some sightseeing, mostly while my wife was in meetings:

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

Yesterday, I slabbed it all the way back (almost 800 miles). The distance wasn't an issue, but the temperature change was brutal. South Mississippi: 91 degrees @ 2:00pm. Central KY: 36 degrees @ 1:30am.

You guys in Mid-TN have great roads! I took 53, 56 & 16
Ah, this he now happily proclaims after stealthily slipping thru the area and therefore preventing the locals from having an opportunity to acquire :innocent: …uh, that is, I mean, to see in person and compliment that fine looking RMS.
Seriously, good pix and glad to hear ya had a safe trip. Reading your post makes it sound like you were solo on the bike. Just wondering, did your wife ride with you?

:bike:

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys in Mid-TN have great roads! I took 53, 56 & 16
Ah, this he now happily proclaims after stealthily slipping thru the area and therefore preventing the locals from having an opportunity to acquire :innocent: …uh, that is, I mean, to see in person and compliment that fine looking RMS.
Seriously, good pix and glad to hear ya had a safe trip. Reading your post makes it sound like you were solo on the bike. Just wondering, did your wife ride with you?

:bike:
Hands off! That RMS now has my butt-stamp deeply embedded...it's definately getting more comfortable with break-in. My wife loves it, too. She flew to & from New Orleans, and rode around with me one afternoon.

Nice ride. I hear ya on the temp change. Spring has sprung down here, azaleas and dogwoods are out, temps are up. Life is good.

Took the liberty of spending 5 minutes in P'Shop to sorta fix your white balances. No charge. (This time!) :rolleyes: Still a titch off, but for free. . . . whaddya 'spect?

DSC00001-1.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

DSC00007-2.jpg

DSC00011-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I missed you, JM. Good ride report, though.
Sorry I couldn't meet up with you, too. I was roped into a few meals w/ wife & coworkers, and never had more than a couple hours to ride while I was there.

I managed to ride River Road halfway up to Baton Rouge...that was probably the best one I found in LA.

Nice pics and report. Good ol' New Orleans. Grew up in the city and still have a home in Gentilly. It's coming around slowly but surely. Thanks!