L00K!!! Only $600 for a Pair of PR2s!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari Rankum

NAFO Karting Champion, 2012
Reaction score
Welp, it looks like the dealership that tore my glove box cover off the bike in order to do my valve check is going to lose my business sooner than planned.

Because I have to spend 80 bucks in cab fare to and from the dealership every time I drop the bike off (which is very rare, btw), I didn't want to take the bike in and spend 80 bucks just so they could make my bike whole again. So I attempted to order and arrange the install of a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2s. Here's their quote from email (only $613 for a set of tires! w00t!!!!!):

Hi!

I do not have those tres in stock,. We would have to order them and I believe that they would be shipped from Parts Unlimited in Winconsin, about 3-4 business days away.

Front: p/n 0302-0176 120/70-17 $212.39 plus tax

Rear: p/n 0301-0101 180/55-17 $272.79 plus tax

Labor: $65 per tire mounted and balanced.

Just let me know. :)

Thanks,

Jess

Well I guess the good news here is that you don't have to think about it much; that's just about outrageous.

Well, they have to cover the cost of their mistakes somehow. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, you might have to take that deal. After all, he did add a smiley face to it. That makes all the difference.

See?

That'll be $613 :angry:

That'll be $613 :)

It could be done like this too:

That'll be $613
250px-K-Y.jpg

It could be done like this too:
That'll be $613
250px-K-Y.jpg
What the hell does Kentucky have to do with this!!!!

He made a mistake, those are PR4 prices. They last 2 times as long as PR2's and have double the grip, hence double the price!

Labor: $65 per tire mounted and balanced.
$130 for this task?! :blink: Wheels weights made from platinum? Unobtanium? :glare:

After you finish your home tire changer project, score yourself a nice Marc Parnes Wheel Balancer, and yer DONE dicking around with those dealership clowns!

Storm190.jpg

IF you really really really want the PR2 then you might have to pay that dealer price if he actually has them.

I just ordered a set from MotoX, ($292 with ship by the way - they are not located in Kentucky). The front one was delivered BUT the rears are backordered till [estimated by Michelin] July 15 right now. Michelin must have recalled all of them for inspection.

I ordered a set of Roadsmarts. :grin:

IF you really really really want the PR2 then you might have to pay that dealer price if he actually has them.
I just ordered a set from MotoX, ($292 with ship by the way - they are not located in Kentucky). The front one was delivered BUT the rears are backordered till [estimated by Michelin] July 15 right now. Michelin must have recalled all of them for inspection.

I ordered a set of Roadsmarts. :grin:
My dealer has plenty of PR2's on the shelf. Fortunately, he came to his senses and sold me a set of RoadSmarts for $254, mounted and balanced v. $320 for the PR2's. :)

BTW, has anyone bothered to check out the pricing on the good, old PR's? Oh, my how cheap dey be, yo!

After you finish your home tire changer project, score yourself a nice Marc Parnes Wheel Balancer, and yer DONE dicking around with those dealership clowns!
Love that ballancer, you can also score a Harbor Freight tire changer with moto attatchment. Might be a good investment to change your own and avoid the dealership.

Latest posts