Lacrosse, WI ride 7/21

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prestone

Reaction score
Anybody free on Thursday that lives around lacrosse that could meet up with me and show me some good routes? I can never get the dates off for cfo so I have to make this do. I'm ridding up to lacrosse in the morning and staying at the comfort Inn suites there in town. I'm staying 1 night as of now, but would be open to maybe adding a second night or even sharing a room for the second night. If anyone is interested please reply to this thread or send me a pm. Sorry it is so last minute, this whole trip for me has been last minute.

Don't think I can make it.

It's not hard, pick any letter road, and be sure to get pi.

wildcat mountain, minduro cut road, DD, 95 west of arcadia, E, work up to Durand WI take SS to the west and then find another route south. there's a lot of roads I guess.

I would ride with you but it's going to be a heat index of 115 that day and I don't find that too fun on the bike! Let me know of another day if you reschedule.

Big Thanks to Abercrombie for linking the 2015 cfo routes. I ended up using follow the river route and county roads part one. Lots of construction up there and some of the roads are completely shut down. Hopefully they are finished for cfo 2016

Mindoro Cut is closed. State transferred road to county so it is no longer called 108 and threw in some money for repairs/upgrades to seal the deal.

Mindoro Cut is closed. State transferred road to county so it is no longer called 108 and threw in some money for repairs/upgrades to seal the deal.
As of this past Sunday, 7/17, if you ignore the signs you can get through the Mindoro Cut. But it is not much fun.

The road formerly known as 108 through the town of Mindoro is unpaved. The pavement resumes on the south end of Mindoro, but between Mindoro and West Salem numerous unpaved patches cross the road where drainage lines have been added. The unpaved patches are short (5 or 6 feet)but are rough with gravel and sand spread before and after the unpaved spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just on old 108 again for the second time this summer, 2 weeks ago. It was still waiting on asphalt for the culvert areas.

In fact, it seems much of the area has sections torn up all over the place, at least on the roads I happened upon.

I hope the construction is wrapped up by the September timeframe also.

I wonder when Cty P will be fixed? That's a shame that it was in bad shape. That road was my first experience in Cheeseland riding back in '05.

I wonder when Cty P will be fixed? That's a shame that it was in bad shape. That road was my first experience in Cheeseland riding back in '05.
Not exactly sure where on "P" they are working as the last couple years it seemed fine to me.

I just rode P for 10+ mile stretch west of Wildcat Mountain and it was fantastic. There's a ton of construction on other roads though, lots of gravel. highway 33 is going to be down for a long time and minduro cut is also chopped up.