Laminar Lip - **** 4 Stars!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you gentleman, That was good stuff in the link Mike. I am 6 foot even with a 30/31 inseam so your set up is probably close to what I want. I will await Demetri's report and make some decisions.

Very big +1 on the lip...one of the first newly purchase farkle I got for the FJR. Great investment

Willie

I sure like mine. It is mounted on an oversized Cal Sci window. If I am not riding in turbulence created by a car or truck in front of me, I get absolutely no turbulence or wind noise generated by my helmet, though I can hear the wind moaning through the cut out on the lower section of the Cal Sci. I can even hear my radar detector chirp, and can hear my tires on the pavement, while wearing earplugs.
Dusty, I have the Cal Sci XL windscreen on my FJR so I'm curious to know how the lip fitted to your screen. Did you just stick it on or did you have to do any mods?

Well, I received mine the other day and installed it. It's been on 3 days now and I'm liking it. My configuration is the OEM windscreen with a Rifle Tuning Block now with the LaminarLip. At 6'0 with a 32" inseam, I'm still getting air across my helmet but its clean. It's making freeway traffic very nice along the coast here where it's windy and rather turbulent due to the cool air mass.

It's a good addition!

To report back, I tried this on a Yamaha tall screen and it certainly smooths the air flow. Less buffeting around my head for sure. I'll try it on 4+4 CBs next.