Laminar Lip AND D426ST Givi Screen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canucklehead-biker

Reaction score
I have an '06, and fitted a D426ST GIVI screen last year. It is a big improvement, but still getting complaints from the pillion on long rides. Has anyone tried adding a Laminar Lip to a Givi screen? I called Laminar and they were unable to tell me if they had anything that would fit.

Thanks,

Jeff

I have an '06, and fitted a D426ST GIVI screen last year. It is a big improvement, but still getting complaints from the pillion on long rides. Has anyone tried adding a Laminar Lip to a Givi screen? I called Laminar and they were unable to tell me if they had anything that would fit.
Thanks,

Jeff
I ordered one of there generic lips and added it to my +4+4 C-Bailey screen. It helps quit a bit, but still get some buffeting. I did have to bend the mounting tabs of the lip by holding the mounting points over the stove to get the right angle. Seems like lots of people end up buying 2-3 screens before they get the best one.

Good Luck!

I ordered one of there generic lips and added it to my +4+4 C-Bailey screen. It helps quit a bit, but still get some buffeting. I did have to bend the mounting tabs of the lip by holding the mounting points over the stove to get the right angle. Seems like lots of people end up buying 2-3 screens before they get the best one.Good Luck!
Thanks, for the info. I still have the original screen, and I'll try the Lip on that if it won't fit on the Givi. Agreed, it seems there is no such thing as "perfect", but I'll keep looking.

Griff

I have a 'Lip' on my Harley windshield and like it, so I added one to the stock shield on my FJR when I bought it a little over a year ago. Recently, I bought a CB +4+3+flip for more protection this winter. When I took off the stock sheld with the 'Lip,' I noticed an internal crack in the stock shield reaching about 2/3 of the way across the top portion of the shield, about in the middle of the 'Lip' mounting points. I haven't experienced this with the 'Lip' on the Harley shield in over 4 years of riding, and have not heard of anyone else experiencing this with the 'Lip' on any other bike. I guess it could have been the result of a flaw in my stock shield, but it also may have been caused by the added pressure on the top part of the shield caused by the 'Lip.' I have ridden the FJR at higher speeds for longer distances than I have the Harley, which may have contributed to the problem. I have a query in to the Laminar Lip folks about this and if I find out anything significant, I'll pass it on.