Laminar Lip Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarWestFastEddie

Reaction score
After reading a review on the Laminar Lip, I purchased one two weeks ago and installed in with no technical issues, very simple install.

The first thing I noticed is I was not putting my helmet visor down around town, and out on the highway, the noise level in my helmet was reduced quite abit. I can hear my music on my Scala G4 very clear at upper highway speeds, which I was not really able to enjoy previously, of course, I will have to give it a highspeed test next time I hang out with Spud and Greb, Those Mothers haul ass! :dribble:

I mounted it 1.5" above the stock windscreen, and with the spare mounting pads, it will give me even more height for extended highway riding.

The only drawback I am encountering is slight vision distortion in the overlap area when looking down in front of the bike. not an issue, it helps eliminate near side tunnel vision. I am a happy customer.

FWFE

Yep

DSC_4456b.jpg

Hi Eddie,

I use one too, with a bad back it helps to keep a bit more of the wind off. Easy off in summer is a bonus also.

(Where the heck have you been, it has been very quite around here without you.)

Best regards

Steve(Surly)

Eddie, I use a Super-Visor. It is aerodynamic enough not to catch wind, but it shades my face in the parts of California where the sun shines nearly all the time. It is especially useful at low sun angles that are otherwise blinding. The same company sells a tinted Sunblocker that also cools the helmet by blocking sun in the top inch and a half. That works pretty good as well Both are removable.

of course, I will have to give it a highspeed test next time I hang out with Spud and Greb, Those Mothers haul ass! :dribble:

FWFE
Ed: That just happens when we're all together so we can get back to the hotel bar before happy hour ends. :D

Good review--I've been really thinking about one of those as turbulence has been bugging me lately.