Lane sharing gone crazy....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay we don't lane-split here in Texas...but they do in CA,

being this was another country maybe californites can answer

..are you supposed to lane share with on-coming traffic???????????

That would be a huge NO. Wheelies are also frowned upon as exhibition of speed, and will cost you about $1,000USD and possible loss of license.

As has been previously answered, that's a big NO in Kali.

However............

While riding in Italy two years ago and following my two local riding partners I did it. Not like the guy in the video, but I did it. After the initial 'Holy Shit', it wasn't so bad. And I think car traffic there was not so freaked out about it, like they see it and are accustomed to it. Or maybe it was just because I was the 3rd rider and the first two were 'parting the Red Sea' for me.

As has been previously answered, that's a big NO in Kali.

However............

While riding in Italy two years ago and following my two local riding partners I did it. Not like the guy in the video, but I did it. After the initial 'Holy Shit', it wasn't so bad. And I think car traffic there was not so freaked out about it, like they see it and are accustomed to it. Or maybe it was just because I was the 3rd rider and the first two were 'parting the Red Sea' for me.
Greg: When Dr. Bob and I rode Pyrenees with Stef "teerex51" and Luciano "Sgt. Rock", they were doing same "parting the Red Sea" for us; it worked, but it was scary!

Last edited by a moderator:
In much of the world, the white line's kind of a general suggestion anyway.

If there is a line. :blink:

deppsparrow.jpg

This guy is nuts.......

Video

R

So..... you're saying that it WASN'T you? Some similar moves but I must admit that I've never seen you pull up the front wheel in traffic, or ride against opposing traffic on the wrong side.

I agree with the thought that this guy needs something important to live for. Can't forget Barabus's Aerostich suit, with the photo in the map pocket. Just a glimpse at Jean and Cygnus reminds him not to ride like the guy in the video.