Large Accessories Dealers in NH, MA, ME? (Give boxes, Clothing, etc.)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prozek

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

My new '07 FJR arrived Saturday and I'm looking for accessories for the bike and me. I'm finding great information in the forums about top boxes and gear, but seeing these things in real life seems quite hard. I live in Dover, NH (the seacoast) and work in Andover, MA.

Are there any dealers large enough to stock the Givi boxes, a large variety of clothing, and other accessories? Even finding a decent jacket is proving to be tough, as many of the better looking gear is sold out at local dealers for common sizes.

Thanks for any advice you can provide to get me started.

Peter

Hey Gang,
My new '07 FJR arrived Saturday and I'm looking for accessories for the bike and me. I'm finding great information in the forums about top boxes and gear, but seeing these things in real life seems quite hard. I live in Dover, NH (the seacoast) and work in Andover, MA.

Are there any dealers large enough to stock the Givi boxes, a large variety of clothing, and other accessories? Even finding a decent jacket is proving to be tough, as many of the better looking gear is sold out at local dealers for common sizes.

Peter
Doyou live by a Cyclegear?? They have good clothes

Hey Gang,

Peter

Two words for you Prozek:

Mail-order

eBay

Two words for you Prozek:
Mail-order

eBay
prozek is a touchy, freely sort of guy ;) -- looking for immediate gratification where he can put his hands on stuff and test fit it before forking over $$$ and bringing it home same day.

Even though it is a haul from Dover, Brockton Cycles probably has the best on hand inventory at less than retail prices of any of the local dealers.

Brockton Cycle Center

2074 Main Street

Brockton, MA

800-829-4313

Click the picture for the web site.

There is Rochester Motor Sports; Freedom Cycle in Concord; Nault's Honda Powerhouse in Manchester and Excel Power Sports in Manchester with fairly good selections and inventory at less than satisfactory prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Prozek on preferring to touch and feel before buying but, of course, its not always practical. Motorcycle shows are a great way to at least check out the quality of the equipment before buying it online but most shows are held during the winter months so you would have to curb your farkle jones until then. Actually, it was after going to the show in NYC that I decided NOT to buy a Givi because I thought the quality was poor. My opinion only...everyone remain calm.

Why not ride down to EOM with the new ride? There you will see every known accessory in the FJR world and will get numerous biased (maybe even unbiased) opinions on whether equipment works or not. As far as apparel is concerned, its best to try on the stuff before you purchase (don't ask me how I know :glare: ). Apparently a size 42 Long Philipino boy isn't the same as a 42 Long American man.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Prozek Welcome to the show Motomart in Acton Ma. has all the top self cothing gear you may want to try. some of the local stealers have a good selection of stuff all dependsn what you need. Andover Where?

My komputer is knot spellin well taday.

prozek,

Try Whitehorse Press and Gear in Conway, NH. They are a mail order and internet warehouse with no showroom, but if you knock on the door, they are happy to let you in to look around and try stuff on. They're located on beyond the police station and a Ford dealer on the right. Tax free and freight free if you pick it up there. Tell Jeff I sent you.

107 East Conway Road

Ctr Conway, NH

www.whitehorsegear.com

Welcome to the forum. I can show you my Givi top case if you'd like to ride up. I'm on Rte 4 in Turner, ME.

Charlie