Larger Rear Tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing you might consider, if you want to change the "look" of your bike but maintain the handling:

Trim the rear fender and add a "hugger". There are some nice carbon fiber huggers (linky thingy) available. They're pricey but look waay kewel! When you're riding with your sport-bike guys, leave the panniers at home, that way your bike will be more likely to fit in with the look of the sport bikes (shorter rear fender and hugger). When you want to go touring simply hang your panniers and voila!, your FJR will be back in touring mode.

The best of both worlds.

Another thing you might consider, if you want to change the "look" of your bike but maintain the handling:
Trim the rear fender and add a "hugger". There are some nice carbon fiber huggers (linky thingy) available. They're pricey but look waay kewel! When you're riding with your sport-bike guys, leave the panniers at home, that way your bike will be more likely to fit in with the look of the sport bikes (shorter rear fender and hugger). When you want to go touring simply hang your panniers and voila!, your FJR will be back in touring mode.

The best of both worlds.

Thanks mad mike yeah i already replaced the undertail on it and was looking to put a larger tire on i was going to do it last year but chickened out but think i will put the 190 on this time