Larger Windshields

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a CB 4+2 on my 04 which I used in the winter and liked. I was trying to go with the Vstream for my 06 but they don't seem to be making them yet. I'm getting tired of waiting so I'll probably be going with the CB again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 6'6"!! I put the CeeBailey +6+2 on and that just puts me in the "dome of silence" when in the full up position. Try measuring up from your current w/s height to your line of vision and that should tell you about how many inches to add.

Can someone post pics of any of these screens that are +4 wide on an 06? Seems like everyone is going with the +2 but still complaining about noise. I'm considering going +2 +4 to find that quiet pocket. anyone got one to post?

GreyGoose

6'4" - 220lbs. I love the cee bailey's +6 +4....love it. Very highly recommended..
PIcs please...

greygoose

I am 6'0", 31" inseam, bought the Cee Bailey +6 +6--if you want to sit in the "cone of silence" then go for it. It is the best ride I have ever had on any bike--very quiet--and I can still just see over it when it's up. If you want more air--there is a little switch on the left handlebar :) . In really hot weather I ride with it all the way down under 50 MPH. But the quiet ride at 80+ is just fantastic. I can't wait until the fall to try it at 40F.

I probably dont belong in this post since i'm 5'6. but i'm trying to get the quietest ride available. I also dont want to look through the screen. with a corbin in place, i still think i can go with a +2 and not look through it. Now i'm wondering about width. I dont want the shield hanging over the sides of the fairing. V-stream looks promising, but i think its going to be a +4 in height (who knows what the width will be). with my corbin in place, a +4 in height will probably be too tall for a person of my build if they dont want to look through it in its lowest position.

so i was trying to get some pictures of the +4 in width to see if it gave the bike a "barn door" effect.

thanx

greyGoose

I notice that no one mentions the Givi sport touring shield as a possible replacement. Has anyone tried this on an '06?

I am 6'0", 31" inseam, bought the Cee Bailey +6 +6--if you want to sit in the "cone of silence" then go for it. It is the best ride I have ever had on any bike--very quiet--and I can still just see over it when it's up. If you want more air--there is a little switch on the left handlebar :) . In really hot weather I ride with it all the way down under 50 MPH. But the quiet ride at 80+ is just fantastic. I can't wait until the fall to try it at 40F.
Bobby B - Did you get the standard or the reverse contour flip? The sales pitch: "...The reverse contour or "flip" windshield channels the air higher and towards the upper left and right apex corners of the windshield, which significantly reduces the noise/turbulance..." here One other question: Did you get it tinted? I figure light grey would work.

After reading this thread this morning, I went cruisin and had to lean way down to get into that quite zone. I'm fixing to make the long trip to TX in a couple of weeks and sure would like that quietness + protection. Also have the seat up on the high position. That makes the top of that stock shield even further below my line of view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post pics of any of these screens that are +4 wide on an 06? Seems like everyone is going with the +2 but still complaining about noise. I'm considering going +2 +4 to find that quiet pocket. anyone got one to post?
GreyGoose
Greygoose...I have the Cee Bailey +2+2 and a Corbin seat,when I raze it up all the way I find that quiet

pocket.

I put some pics here 2+2

Ed... :D

GreyGoose
Greygoose...I have the Cee Bailey +2+2 and a Corbin seat,when I raze it up all the way I find that quiet

pocket.

I put some pics here 2+2

ed,

how tall are you?

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

pocket.

I put some pics here 2+2

ed,

how tall are you?

GreyGoose
I'm 5'7"......... :blink:

I have the CalSci x-tall. I like it a great deal. Transformed the bike for me. I couldn't deal with all the buffetting I was getting with the stoker windscreen.

Hooked up the CalSci and I'm good to go.

I'm 6'2" 220#.

I like the looks of the CalSci better than the stock windschield, too. I run it just high enough to see over it. When in town and low speeds, I drop it down for more air. There is a vent in the middle of the CalSci and it works great even in 90* heat. No wind noise either.

I can't post photogs of my bike (stupid Bagger), but check this out:

https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FJR1300prod.html

BAGGER

I have the CalSci x-tall. I like it a great deal. Transformed the bike for me. I couldn't deal with all the buffetting I was getting with the stoker windscreen.

I'm 6'2" 220#.

I like the looks of the CalSci better than the stock windschield, too. I run it just high enough to see over it. When in town and low speeds, I drop it down for more air. There is a vent in the middle of the CalSci and it works great even in 90* heat. No wind noise either.

BAGGER
How wide is that thing?

GreyGoose

Has anyone tried the reverse contour Cee Bailey?
No, I haven't, but the Givi screen also features the "reverse contour".
I cannot find the website for Givi stuff that fits the fjr and emails to them have not been answered. Anybody have any luck?
Yes. Their sport touring windscreen for the '06 is model D436ST. It costs $120.

If you're interested in their luggage rack and color-matched (for the "A") topcase:

the mounting hardware is model SR357 @ $142.00. They told me that the Coblat blue topcase

should be available the end of July. However, you can purchase the matt black case V46 @

$256.30 and order the C46B594 Cobalt blue lid ($ ?). This combined will be the Coblat blue

case.

I'm 6'2" 220#.

BAGGER
How wide is that thing?

GreyGoose
GG .... I believe it is 2" wider on each side and 4" taller.

BAGGER