Larger Yamaha windshield for 06 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eapple87

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the larger Yamaha replacement windshield for the FJR 1300, (I didn't even know Yamaha offered a larger windshield for the 06-07 models)? How do they perform and do they look too large, (supposedly 4" taller than original windshield)? I was considering V-Stream but it sounds like there are problems with the shield. Thanks for any input!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have experience with the larger replacement windshield for the FJR 1300, (I didn't even know Yamaha offered a larger windshield for the 06-07 models)? How do they perform and do they look too large, (supposedly 4" taller than original windshield)? I was considering V-Stream but it sounds like there are problems with the shield. Thanks for any input!
I have a Cee Bailey +6 +6 that I am selling since I sold my FJR. It provided great coverage, esp. in winter riding, yet when lowered all the way provided plenty of cooling air in hot weather. Also very quiet and buffet-free behind it. I am 6'0" with a 31" inseam. I am selling for $100 plus shipping--approx. 1/2 original cost. E-mail if interested-- [email protected].

I have a C. B. 4+3 on my 06. It does not have the flip.

It's a great windshield - good weather coverage when I need it, and for my 6 ft. height, quiet.

However, I have the V strom hand guards and the +3 can hit the guards at full lock when the windshield is all the way down. It's never been a problem .

Ghost

I added a CB +2 +4 w/flip before a recent LD ride. I was mainly trying to reduce helment noise, and for me - this didn't reduce the wind noise - it eliminated it. I can now ride with my iPod at less than half volume. I had a bird strike going 80 mph in the middle of the night in Alabama. Didn't see the bird, but the guys riding behind me said they rode through a cloud of feathers. I had the windshield all the way up and the bird hit right where the flip starts - no damage to the windshield, not even a scratch. I'm not sure where that bird would have ended up if I still had the stock windshield on.

Check out JA's review of the CB - this is what convinced me to go with the CB w/flip.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=17169

Does anyone have experience with the larger Yamaha replacement windshield for the FJR 1300, (I didn't even know Yamaha offered a larger windshield for the 06-07 models)? How do they perform and do they look too large, (supposedly 4" taller than original windshield)? I was considering V-Stream but it sounds like there are problems with the shield. Thanks for any input!
To answer your question, I've been lurking for almost a year and don't remember anybody posting on the larger OEM shield. I'm still hoping they get the V-Stream right soon, because I loved the look on a buddies '05 FJR and I hate the "barn door" look of some even if they do work well. My personal choice is to give National a few more weeks to get it right (and my thanks to those that stepped up and chanced the first try by V-Stream and posted to the collective). If National doesn't get it right before I get seriously riding, I am going to go for the OEM. YMMV

I ordered my Yamaha "touring" screen from UMotors - should have it next week. I too was waiting on the National Cycle VStream but gave up.

After I put a few miles behind it, I will post my thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered my Yamaha "touring" screen from UMotors - should have it next week. I too was waiting on the National Cycle VStream but gave up.
After I put a few miles behind it, I will post my thoughts
I'm thinking of this one myself. Eager to hear your review.