Last Questions about 2610

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
I found a 2610 used for cheap, and think I may go for it!

I have read a lot about mounting, but not much about hardwiring, and audio.

I plan to use this cradle

clicky

it looks like it comes with the hardwire.

I was going to use this techmount.

clicking

but wasn't sure if the 2.5 or 3.5 stem would be better. I figured the 2.5 would look neater, and put it closer to the bars.

The only question I have is about audio. Does this thing have a headphone input, or do you need an audio cable?

Anybody forsee any problems or have any reccomendations before I order all this stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using the 2610 for years, never had a problem with it. I use a RAM mount for one bike and a GADGET GUY for my 2004 FJR

img176.jpg

In answer to your question, if you look at the picture of the power cable in your link, the cylindrical end of the cable to the far right in the picture is an audio jack that takes a 2.5mm plug for an earphone. The only thing in addition that I've found useful is that you should get a 2GB CF card that will allow you to load the entire set of USA maps from the Mapsource program to the unit itself.

NYPete

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a 2610 used for cheap, and think I may go for it!
I have read a lot about mounting, but not much about hardwiring, and audio.

I plan to use this cradle

clicky

it looks like it comes with the hardwire.

I was going to use this techmount.

clicking

but wasn't sure if the 2.5 or 3.5 stem would be better. I figured the 2.5 would look neater, and put it closer to the bars.

The only question I have is about audio. Does this thing have a headphone input, or do you need an audio cable?

Anybody forsee any problems or have any reccomendations before I order all this stuff?
I've been using the 2610 for a year with the same setup you're looking at ... Techmount stem 3.5" long with a power cable that has a speaker (which I've left turned off since I got it) in the cigarette plug line - I didn't hardwire it so its easy to remove from the bike.

You'll find that with the unit in your lower range of sight, you don't need audio input (at least I do not).

GUNNY on the 2 meg upgrade.

Regards,

JW