Latest list of riders for 13 April B2B Extreme run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in too Dave. ;)

Alaska this time of year? Lemme know how the weather pans out for you and Wonky? ;)

If I make good time up to the Canadian border, I'm going to turn around and finish out with a B2B Extreme with 1500 miles, though I won't be double dipping with the IBA for 2 certs. Provided if/when I submit the paperwork. :D

:angry2: Hi Guys . Well sorry to say take me of the list , due to a work schedule that won't let me go and some unexpected expenses I am forced to cancel this ride at this time.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun trip, which I'm sure you will.

Thanks, Dan

:angry2: Hi Guys . Well sorry to say take me of the list , due to a work schedule that won't let me go and some unexpected expenses I am forced to cancel this ride at this time. Hope everyone has a safe and fun trip, which I'm sure you will.

Thanks, Dan

Dan,

It was fun while it lasted, eh?

Thanks for letting us know you can't make it.

Hal

:angry2: Hi Guys . Well sorry to say take me of the list , due to a work schedule that won't let me go and some unexpected expenses I am forced to cancel this ride at this time. Hope everyone has a safe and fun trip, which I'm sure you will.

Thanks, Dan
Dan, sorry you can't do it. I sure understand about working though, sometimes its necessary!! Will see you soon I hope but for sure at WFO 6.

TurboDave

Just occured to me that we'll be leaving on "pacific" time and ending on "mountain" time. Of course doesn't affect anything as far as 24hours etc ...but we'll all want to be aware of this and make sure we're all consistent when discussing any changes in schedule etc. Utah is where we'll jump into mountain time. (excluding the few minutes we'll be in AZ ;) )

Just occured to me that we'll be leaving on "pacific" time and ending on "mountain" time. Of course doesn't affect anything as far as 24hours etc ...but we'll all want to be aware of this and make sure we're all consistent when discussing any changes in schedule etc. Utah is where we'll jump into mountain time. (excluding the few minutes we'll be in AZ ;) )
You may have missed this in the emails going back and forth, but if everyone has their route figured out with gas stops, I'll gladly make everyone on the ride cheat sheets for use at gas stops.

For what it's worth, Arizona doesn't do daylight savings time, so the time in Arizona is the same as the time in the Pacific time zone, until November.

Curious but cautious...

1. My OEM rubber has 5300 miles on it. Looks okay, but dunno how many miles you're looking at.

2. I've done 1000+ in 24 before, but not IBN documented (Minneapolis to Dayton, OH and back through Iowa).

3. What radio(s) do you guys use for bike-to-bike? I have an Autocom but no Bike-to-Bike unit yet.

Curious but cautious...
1. My OEM rubber has 5300 miles on it. Looks okay, but dunno how many miles you're looking at.

2. I've done 1000+ in 24 before, but not IBN documented (Minneapolis to Dayton, OH and back through Iowa).

3. What radio(s) do you guys use for bike-to-bike? I have an Autocom but no Bike-to-Bike unit yet.

1. The ride itself is 1500 miles (or so) add distance to/from start point, and the return, and you'll have the total. As you live in San Diego figure about 3K miles.

2. It's suggested that you do a documented SS1K prior to attempting a ride like this. Do you have heated gear? Aux fuel cell?

3. Kenwood TK-3101 GMRS - rigged through various flavors of comm systems.

Curious but cautious...

With 5300 miles you will probably need tires before you get home. I know from personal experience that finding the right tire for your bike while on a trip can be very difficult. Trying to find a shop thats even open on Sunday or Monday is almost impossible.

Thanks. I'll catch the next one, and will hopefully have fresh rubber, an AUX tank setup and some extra gear by then. Looks like I missed the cutoff for this year's production run by Skyway, and I'm not ready to pony up the $800 or so the total package would run me yet anyway.

I will, however, get the radio situation squared away in the meantime. Is that a fairly standard model for you guys?

Last and final call for hotel rooms at Calexico starting on Thursday 12 April 2007 until 2000 hrs. on 13 April. If weather is adequate for the B2B to start then we will depart the hotel on or about 2030 for a 2130 start in Mexico.

If you want me to reserve a room, specify solo or double, let me know by 2 April.

Again, I will reserve the rooms in my name but do not want to ge stuck with paying for no shows.

Right now, I have Skyway and TurboDave sharing.

Kaitsdad and probably Beeroux sharing.

Steve with a solo room.

Others please advise. Thanks.

Fairlaner and Barabus are bunking. TWN, before you say anything, note that "bunking" implies two beds!! LOL. Thanks Dave.

If weather is adequate for the B2B to start then we will depart the hotel on or about 2030 for a 2130 start in Mexico.
These links might help you decide if it's good to go. They're web cameras set up at the highway passes.

Idaho

Montana

Good luck and have fun!
Thanks Rick. good info. roads look ok at those points today>>