latest news on V-Stream

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bogey

Reaction score
I just got am email from National Cycle and the word now is that the V- Stream is still 5-7 weeks away. It seems that at the beginning of November it was only 3 weeks from being ready - looks like they're going backwards with this one!!!

So much for having one under the Christmas tree for me this year!!

Bogey :angry2:

Get the Cee Bailey reverse contour and you'll never look back...

These guys are not trying to split the atom here :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:

+1

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got am email from National Cycle and the word now is that the V- Stream is still 5-7 weeks away. It seems that at the beginning of November it was only 3 weeks from being ready - looks like they're going backwards with this one!!!
So much for having one under the Christmas tree for me this year!!

Bogey :angry2:
Back before WFO it was only 6 weeks out. I've given up on these chumps.

I got 3 weeks out 3 times in a row now. I replied to the last one, "If this is a joke, it's not funny." Didn't hear back.

I am seriously considering cancelling my order now. This is a joke- Thats not funny :angry2:

All the other shield mfgs had one out in a few weeks. WTF is taking so long? I figured after the announcement that the 07 was the same as the 06 they would finally start producing as they had two years to cover now.

Gary at University told me that National told some guy to buy from someone else when he call to ask for and update. :blink:

I liked the V on the 05 I tried but 6 months of 3 or 4 more weeks is just stupid. Is there REALLY that much R&D going into this thing ? :glare: Its only plexiglass (slimplified definition of a poly carbonate material for all you engineering types :D ) I guess a new wing or HD or add bike here is selling better and they don't want to mess with the FJR. If thats the case JUST SAY SO!!!!!! I really wanted to try their product but damn, this lack off customer service is a real disapointment!

Rant Over

Now for a NEPRT

Who can reccomend a shield for the 06, I hear Cal-Sci is good

+1

What size/color did you guys get? Are you happy with the decision or do you think you would you have been better off with another size?

I got the clear contour 4+3. Mine is an 03 so it was originally 2 inches shorter than the other years. Thats 4 inches taller and 3 inches wider. Seeing the 03 also had longer windshield arms I went with the Rifle tuning block which changes the angle and made a huge difference. Skyway has spacers available to do the same thing.

+1

What size/color did you guys get? Are you happy with the decision or do you think you would you have been better off with another size?
I got the +2+1 reverse contour (light gray) for my 06. I get the wind off my face by raising it just a smidgion. I'm glad I didn't go any taller, I don't like looking thru it all the time, just in serious rain. I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam.

I am seriously considering cancelling my order now. This is a joke- Thats not funny :angry2:
All the other shield mfgs had one out in a few weeks. WTF is taking so long? I figured after the announcement that the 07 was the same as the 06 they would finally start producing as they had two years to cover now.

Gary at University told me that National told some guy to buy from someone else when he call to ask for and update. :blink:

I liked the V on the 05 I tried but 6 months of 3 or 4 more weeks is just stupid. Is there REALLY that much R&D going into this thing ? :glare: Its only plexiglass (slimplified definition of a poly carbonate material for all you engineering types :D ) I guess a new wing or HD or add bike here is selling better and they don't want to mess with the FJR. If thats the case JUST SAY SO!!!!!! I really wanted to try their product but damn, this lack off customer service is a real disapointment!

Rant Over

Now for a NEPRT

Who can reccomend a shield for the 06, I hear Cal-Sci is good
I have an '05 but found the cal sci to offer superior airlow to the cee bailey.

+1

I got the +2+2, and like it. At first I was thinking I should have gone bigger, but it is cold right now, so it is easy to jump to that conclusion. On the 1 or 2 warmer days we have had, I am glad I didn't go any bigger. I went with the clear on my '06. Just not into different colors. I think size, and manufacturer will depend on where you live, and what conditions you plan to ride in.

The Rifle +3T+4W is perfect for this 6' guy on an '06 model. :yahoo: It has transformed my ride experience as I no longer wear earplugs(quiet) and I hear the traffic around me. No more buffetting!

I broke down and called National today. and spoke with Kevin. Put a name on it now and we are holding you to it!

R&D is done- per Kevin and "all that has to be done now is fit it into production" - 3 weeks (ya'll heard that before? :glare: )

I will wait till the first as my ride next week will prob be the last of the year till after the Holidays. After that someone else can have my business.

Fencer,

Are you currently riding with the stock shield? If yes, for appx how many miles so far?