latest news on V-Stream

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!

I couldn’t stand the stocker. Got a calsci ASAP. Tried the tall and the X-tall. Really didn’t gain much with the X-tall. Kept the tall. For me, it was a huge improvement over stock. If we ever cross paths, I’ll show ya my set-up. It ain’t “purty” but it works. Who knows, maybe I’ll get to make it down to N GA on the 9th and tag along with ya’ll for a bit.

WOW!
I couldn’t stand the stocker. Got a calsci ASAP. Tried the tall and the X-tall. Really didn’t gain much with the X-tall. Kept the tall. For me, it was a huge improvement over stock. If we ever cross paths, I’ll show ya my set-up. It ain’t “purty” but it works. Who knows, maybe I’ll get to make it down to N GA on the 9th and tag along with ya’ll for a bit.
What do you mean 'It ain’t “purty” but it works'. Do you think the screen takes away from the looks of the bike? Is that because of the size?

WOW!
Would love to have ya. How tall are you? 6'2 here.

John,

Certainly NOI (no offense intended) about the bike or the calsci. About the calsci, to quote an old phrase and somewhat in jest, “I won’t leave home without it”.

Talking about my shield set-up. I tinkered around with it a little. Personally, I don’t think the calsci looks bad on a feejer. However, IMO, it’s not quite as complementary to the bike’s smooth sporty-lines as a well-contoured smaller sport shield would be. Just an opinion.

Fencer,

Great, thanks for the welcome. :thumbsupsmiley: Will PM ya with some more info, if not tonight, then tomorrow. I’m a slow typist. Hope you’ll be able to find a shield that suits ya.

This thread’s got a pic of my bike.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=14180

My mistake. Had to edit the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke down and called National today. and spoke with Kevin. Put a name on it now and we are holding you to it!
R&D is done- per Kevin and "all that has to be done now is fit it into production" - 3 weeks (ya'll heard that before? :glare: )

I will wait till the first as my ride next week will prob be the last of the year till after the Holidays. After that someone else can have my business.
Hmm,

kevin is the one that was sending me the e-mails saying 3 more weeks. I think he's sitting there laughing at all of us. :unsure: