LDcomfort shorts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they work. Yes, they are worth it. Yes, you can wash them in your hotel room sink and they will be dry by the next morning.

No, they will not replace a good custom seat.

As an added bonus when you put them on and stand sideways in front of your mirror, they make you look like an adult film star. Sort of.

They absolutely work. I have the LD long pants and they work too. Just not in the blazing heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thumbs up for the shorts; as stated, they are all that. I also have a LDComfort head-thing (not sure of the proper name) which covers the back of the neck. When wet, it provides good cooling for the brain-pan.

+1........well worth the money. I won't ride long distance without them. I highly recommend them if you are going to be riding long days.

Get the tee shirt too. That way you don't have to pay full pop for shipping a week later after you are so pleased with the shorts.

DAMHIK

Best underwear on the market....period. They're the foundation layer and best at keeping the skin dry,warm in cold weather, cooler in hot weather, and comfortable all the points between 16F and 116F. They're FAR more than 3-4 times better than the cheapies. And that's after having done a variety of Iron Butt Saddlesores and BBGs with the cheapies.

But, I'm biased. I hold the record for longest amount of days wearing the same set of underwear....11 days of an iron butt rally....a record I have mixed feelings about being proud of. :) Other time I went ahead and swapped with a second pair I packed.

Do ask yourself if you want to go with shorts or not. It sounds counterintutive, but the tights that cover your whole legs are better riding IMO than just the shorts....yes even when it's hot!

My problem with them in extreme heat is that once I start to sweat in them, it feels like a large ant hill crawled in them and itches like hell. I have to stop and take them off. I'm sure the crazy high humidity here doesn't help any. Other than that, they feel like heaven. :)

PS: it's just the long ones that do that. The shorts never do that. :)

Yep. Got em. As RFH noted, won't replace a custom seat, but makes those long miles much butter, better!

Yep -- well worth it -- no more monkey butt. Exactly what RFH says. Iggy recommended them to me, but I'm not about to go +1 ing a story about living in his underwear -- bad visual imagery and olfactory cues there.

This reminds me of a question I have had...In the really hot of summer, a stich with shorts doesn't insulate the legs from the heat very well.

I suspect the LD Comfort longs wouldn't insulate enough either.

What do you seasoned desert travelers wear?

Have two sets, long tights / top for winter and shorts / short sleeve shirt for summer.

Can't be beat for comfort, function and fit...don't never leave home w/o them!

--G

Yes, they work. Yes, they are worth it. Yes, you can wash them in your hotel room sink and they will be dry by the next morning.
No, they will not replace a good custom seat.

As an added bonus when you put them on and stand sideways in front of your mirror, they make you look like an adult film star. Sort of.
Slightly different experience.

They're usually still damp in the morning, at least around the stitching, but usable.

And no matter which way I've tried standing, can't make it work. I avoid mirrors at all costs.

I guess I am in the minority around here. I bought a pair before my 12 day CFO / EOM ride last fall and was not impressed. I found them overly thick, uncomfortable, the fly was oddly shapped, unusable, and the stitching on the fly came loose the first day I used them.

The worst part about buying them was my fault. I have the reciept and original packaging and forgot the send them back for replacement for the stitching coming loose around the fly.

Have you tried giving Mario a shout? He seems to be all about American made quality and also customer service. With a handful of buddies we own dozens of articles and all holding up nicely (no, I don't share undies with buds).

I've only lived in Mojave Desert for a couple years and I wear LD long sleeve shirt and long legged pants. I zip all vents on stich and wet undergarments. Nothing new but since it was asked. If it's going to more than a couple hours I will bust out a cooling vest or another set of LD sleeves that are easy to soak.

I did a BBG3000 cross country with 30 of the 43 (5 hrs rest) hrs riding over 100 degrees. Because stops only every 3-4 hrs, cooling vest held more water for evaporative cooling. For IBR, I never needed more than the LD undies.

I tried many alternatives until I found LDComfort.......end of search.

Joe.