LED Light up your engines!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus........ You'd have to wash it too! I don't see that happening. :))
See first pic below. OK, it was 3 years ago, but still......

The reflective decals he refers to are black in the daylight, and go on the black part of the side bags. INVISIBLE.

But they reflect white at night when lit from behind. An angle where LEDs over the engine are ..... INVISIBLE.
tongue.png

Day:

rear%2520quarter%2520low.jpg

Night (lit by camera flash):

sunset1024Bikeonly_filtered.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus........ You'd have to wash it too! I don't see that happening. :))
See first pic below. OK, it was 3 years ago, but still......
Walt, Statements like that crack me the **** up every time! :))
"Wild Hogs" on its way first thing in the AM. First Class!

Back on Topic, the blue lights are neater than shit!

Placing retro reflective decals on my shiny black FJR!? I think not! No, bling just ain't your thing and the LED's can be helpful if used appropriately IMO. What also doesn't look cool is those fog-horn size auxillary lights some of the folks install on their bikes. They should be ticketed for blinding the daylights out of drivers that think a freight train is on their tail. Not looking to start a fight here but as one already said...to each their own.

And therein lies the crux of the biscuit. You are worried about how it looks. These others are worried about how it works. Form over function, or function over form. An age old conversation.

There is no right answer, and I would never start a fight over anything as trivial as this. To each their own is absolutely right. Just don't get all verklempt when someone rains on your neon colored parade!

I mean, if you listened to the (immoral) majority of US bikers we're all a bunch of ferkin' tards for not riding the one true motorcycle, from the Wisconsin motor company of course.
wink.png
I promise not to get " all verklempt" about my LED's if you promise not to use too much reflective tape!
punk.gif

Placing retro reflective decals on my shiny black FJR!? I think not! No, bling just ain't your thing and the LED's can be helpful if used appropriately IMO. What also doesn't look cool is those fog-horn size auxillary lights some of the folks install on their bikes. They should be ticketed for blinding the daylights out of drivers that think a freight train is on their tail. Not looking to start a fight here but as one already said...to each their own.

And therein lies the crux of the biscuit. You are worried about how it looks. These others are worried about how it works. Form over function, or function over form. An age old conversation.

There is no right answer, and I would never start a fight over anything as trivial as this. To each their own is absolutely right. Just don't get all verklempt when someone rains on your neon colored parade!

I mean, if you listened to the (immoral) majority of US bikers we're all a bunch of ferkin' tards for not riding the one true motorcycle, from the Wisconsin motor company of course.
wink.png
I promise not to get " all verklempt" about my LED's if you promise not to use too much reflective tape!
punk.gif
Sorry, no deal. I'm all about the viz. ;)

Thanks. I improved it recently by removing my now-ex-wife from the original:
punk.gif

Sunset1024.jpg

The new-and-improved is my desktop wallpaper on my PC at work.

Thanks. I improved it recently by removing my now-ex-wife from the original: :punk: [img=[URL="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SvQsD949h8A/Tugvd7SJ5HI/AAAAAAAAECE/eYcxz3c4D84/s600/Sunset1024.jpg%5D"]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SvQsD949h8A/Tugvd7SJ5HI/AAAAAAAAECE/eYcxz3c4D84/s600/Sunset1024.jpg][/URL]

The new-and-improved is my desktop wallpaper on my PC at work.
Nice job with the deletion!! And the picture is nice too! :))