LED Motorcycle Battery Voltage Monitor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
Has anyone here used this monitor. The price seems good.

https://dualsportplus.com/universal/electri...ge_Monitor.html

Electrical Connection LED Motorcycle Battery Voltage Monitor (flush mount kit)

Part #EC.04101

Our Price $29.99

Proclaimed as an "Innovation of the Month" by Motorcycle Consumer News and the "Smart Idiot Light" by another leading magazine editor, this is the smallest and simplest monitoring device available. It's also more than a light that comes on after it's too late; it's a unique and cost effective voltage indicator.

A 1/4" (T1 3/4) LED displays voltage levels using colors in a stoplight style arrangement: RED - less than 11.5 volts, AMBER - 11.9 to 11.5 volts, and GREEN - 12 volts and up. Fuse protection, wiring, connector assortment and complete instructions are included. Simple 2 wire installation. Remember, GREEN means GO, AMBER is WARNING, RED means STOP! Designed for installation on bikes with a fairing or for custom installation. Drilling a single 1/4-inch hole is required to install the flush-mount LED in any flat surface near your instrument panel.

Canadian FJR

Part #EC.04101

Our Price $29.99

Proclaimed as an "Innovation of the Month" by Motorcycle Consumer News and the "Smart Idiot Light" by another leading magazine editor, this is the smallest and simplest monitoring device available. It's also more than a light that comes on after it's too late; it's a unique and cost effective voltage indicator.

A 1/4" (T1 3/4) LED displays voltage levels using colors in a stoplight style arrangement: RED - less than 11.5 volts, AMBER - 11.9 to 11.5 volts, and GREEN - 12 volts and up. Fuse protection, wiring, connector assortment and complete instructions are included. Simple 2 wire installation. Remember, GREEN means GO, AMBER is WARNING, RED means STOP! Designed for installation on bikes with a fairing or for custom installation. Drilling a single 1/4-inch hole is required to install the flush-mount LED in any flat surface near your instrument panel.

Canadian FJR
Yep, I have one. I drilled the front lip of the N-Line dash and stuck the LED through it I stuck the sticker over the face of the shelf. Works fine. Can be difficult to see in direct sunlight when wearing a dark face sheild at times.

The only down side, it does not give you the voltage like a datel does.

I guess if you want a small warning light and don't want to make room for a Datel or something then it's OK, but I prefer an actual voltage reading.

I've looked at those and felt the voltage thresholds for the different colors were too low for the FJR and its modern factory-filled/sealed AGM maintenance-free battery which has an, at-rest, voltage of 12.8V. (I think you'd see green all the time until it was too late?)

Better, maybe?, would be this:

https://www.harborfreight.com/alternator-ba...ster-46972.html

At least the voltages indicated would be more in line with what's (hopefully?) going on...

There are several other similar items available elsewhere, too.

can't see it in bright sunlight

my bike came with a kury led gauge, but down it's in the shade of the dash on the right

granted it has a light sensor to dim the display at night and brighten in sunlight, but leds aren't real bright by nature

datel is the way to go for sure...you get a baseline reading regardless of how much resistance is caused by where you connect in

the best way is using a relay to turn the voltmeter on and off with the key, but connected direct to the battery

mine is just reading the ignition key voltage which seems to be .5 volts low, but I know running normal is 13.5 on the gauge. Stopped is 13.0

the kury gauge still shows green when running

there was recently found a cheaper datel equivalent...datel is like $50 and the equiv is like under $25

google: "voltmeter site:fjrforum.com"

EDIT: https://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/4231

Last edited by a moderator:

Part #EC.04101

Our Price $29.99

Canadian FJR
If you're after just a LED display, this is probably a better choice, since it at least gives you some granularity in the voltages you're getting.

LED Battery Gauge

I used the $29 unit with some Velcro and 24k miles later she still works great and easy to remove.
SANY0467.jpg
ledvolt.jpg
duc1098done014.jpg