LED Turn Signal Indicators

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon Man

Reaction score
I am picking up an FJR tonight and the turn signal indiators suck. I want to replace them with LED's (my dad did this on his Bonneville) but i cannot find any. Any ideas? Input?

I put these on my FZ1 from SuperBrightLED.com

They work great and don't look too bad. I got a set for my FJR, but gave up taking the entire cowling off just to get to the wires.

FZ1sigindicators_lr_52.jpg

The turn signal indicators on the FJR are deficient - but I find I rarely look at them. If I want the signal on, I turn it on, and if I want the signal off, I turn it off. YMMV.

If you install LED turn signals, you will have to replace your turn signal relay as well with something like this:
Adjustable Flasher Relay at Bike Effects
Although I did install a LED compensated flasher on my FZ1 because I had installed LED rear flashers, I'm not sure it would be necessary to do so if you are just adding LED indicators in parallel with stock signal lights. The flasher works with resistance and since LEDs have less resistance, they will flash faster with a stock flasher. If you just add a LED to the system and don't remove your regular signal lights, all that happens is a tiny bit more resistance, which shouldn't be noticeable as far as flash rate is observed.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you install LED turn signals, you will have to replace your turn signal relay as well with something like this:
Although I did install a LED compensated flasher on my FZ1 because I had installed LED rear flashers, I'm not sure it would be necessary to do so if you are just adding LED indicators in parallel with stock signal lights. The flasher works with resistance and since LEDs have less resistance, they will flash faster with a stock flasher. If you just add a LED to the system and don't remove your regular signal lights, all that happens is a tiny bit more resistance, which shouldn't be noticeable as far as flash rate is observed.
True. If you leave the stock ones, the system will function normally.

I'm looking into adding the Radiantz Integratorz (https://www.radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c49.html&1). Looking to add, not repalce what's already in place. Looking to place thses on the back of the bags.

Do they still Need this Relay changed out?

No. If you are adding the new additional turn signal led lights wired in parrallel with the existing incandescent lamps you will not have a problem.